Anyone going to the Conedodgers day this saturday?

Dracoro

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• Dracoro

• felters

Where is it? When does it start / finish?

Andy

But its SS at Llandow this Saturday  :D  :D

Chances are the conedodgers thing is closer to me ;)

The Welsh Wizard hasn't got over the last SS event I dragged her to :0

Andy

That'll be the time it was rainin then  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

It's the Andover one. 9.30 to 4.30.

Not sure if there are any spaces left.

BTW - Anyone go the address for the place? I've sent an e-mail to the organiser so should find out soon but in case he doesn't get the mail I'd like to know to get there!!!!

When you find out, post it on here...if I can persuade SWMBO we might come along for a laugh...or we might go over to Llandow...or we might just swan around in a Megane Coupe Cabriolet thing for a larf :t-up:

Andy

Did one a few weeks ago with Blatters and Nick M. Took my sump out in the process :(

The main challenge for a Westie is the lack of compliance in the front suspension. You need relatively soft front suspension with a bit of travel in it to get the back to lose traction and drift sideways. The plan is to lift as you enter a corner at speed, get weight transfer, back on the gas and voila! You're going sideways - or not. Declan (the organiser) went out in mine and failed to get it sideways at all. The weapon of choice seemed to be a Nissan 200 or MX5, although a guy in a 2.8 Crappy was probably the most spectacular.

I then slackened off the front suspension to try and get it to work but got too low and put a crease in the sump. Hometime.

I'd have another go - but not in a Westy. At least I now know that it's nigh on impossible to spin my car in the dry!!

Let us know how you do.

Cheers

Mike

Do you have an LSD Mike?

Andy

Oh, ok...

I don't seem to have too much trouble getting the tail out in mine...

Andy

It's quite a grippy surface (it's an old parade ground) plus having Yoko A08's and a fat *astard driver  probably didn't help.

But basically unless you have really loads of power then it isn't going to happen to any great extent unless the back wheels lighten up. And you need soft suspension to make that happen... just remembered that one of the other cars that really looked the business was an old RWD Toyota Corolla. Same engine as mine, less power, twice the weight and was swinging around all over the place

:0

I guess a load of weight over the back end helps get it swinging. As you saw, fairly grippy tyres were probably not a good idea. Maybe I should have kept my 6 year old CR338s ;)

Andy

Remember that the Andover place is closed to spectators....

The geezer in the 2.8i was top entertainment :t-up:

And even 235bhp, and non grippy tyres isn't enough to get a Westfield drifting for long. I think the light weight means that there just isn't enough kinetic energy to keep it sideways for looooooong slides. It was a hoot though...

Remember that the Andover place is closed to spectators....

Ok, that puts that plan out of the window then...

You not at Llandow Mr. B? It's only just Wales ;)

Andy