Anyone going to the Conedodgers day this saturday?

Dracoro

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• Dracoro

• felters

And even 235bhp, and non grippy tyres isn't enough to get a Westfield drifting for long. I think the light weight means that there just isn't enough kinetic energy to keep it sideways for looooooong slides. It was a hoot though...

I was glad I put the 185/60/13 harder tyres on the back, otherwise it would have stuck to the road like sh*t to a blanket, especially once all the rubber had been laid down.

Good day out, and useful for learning what the car will do and how it behaves when you get it wrong  :t-up:

A LSD has to be considered essential though, and sticky tyres are a hinderance - in some ways I wish I had the non-sticky tyres on the front too as it was all too easy to just "follow" the sticky fronts around once you'd got the back end out and applied some opposite lock.  You really need to get the front moving as well as the back.

Agree about the lack of weight meaning that it was hard to sustain drifts as opposed to just kicking the back end out with a bootful of throttle and then catching it.  The Capri certainly seemed to be the most flowing car there in terms of drifting right round the corners  :t-up:

Declan will send you directions, I'm sure. It's a piece of p*** though. If you're still stuck come tomorrow, let us know. I'm sure we can multimap it for you without any problem.

are you guys talking about the military area at Barton Stacey?

If so, yes it is grippy but I managed powerslides there in my 1600 xflow (on 21Rs without LSD) and a mate was having lots of fun practicing large diameter donuts in his 1300xflow (with LSD). Helps that my mates car is set up for autotesting with a hydraulic handbrake :)

On the other hand it took about 3mm off my tyres in one day :oops:

Can be done, just needs a bit of practice. Helps if you are in a motorclub that organises autotest practice days :cool:

Yup, that's the one...

Yup, that's the one...

:)

I was there a couple of weekends ago at a rally day we organised. Unfortunately I was one of the mugs replacing cones/bales while others had fun knocking them over :down:

I did notice someone had been doing donuts in an area we generally use just for service  :t-up:

That's where we had out "mini roundabout", probably. It's to the left of, and about 15 yards forward of the small square section we used as our paddock....

I did notice someone had been doing donuts in an area we generally use just for service  :t-up:

*ahem*

Really ??  :blush:

*wanders off looking innocent....*

You need one of these -> whistling.gif

:)

Andy

I've not heard back from Declan yet and I may not have my net access for a few days as I'm off tomorrow. So anyone kind enough to post or PM me the location :) Does the venue have a 'name' that locals know?

And I WILL get this thing sideways :D I'm my own personal weight will help with Blatters kinetic energy theory thingy :D:D

From the south A303, get off at Barton Stacey turnoff. Turn left at the T-Junction, and the gate is 20 yards up on the left. There'll be a couple of geezers on the gate, standing nect to a green MX5....probably....

From the north M3/A303, get off the 303 at the Barton Stacey turn off. Turn right at the T junction and go over the 303. The gate is 20 yards up on the left yadda yadda.....

There's an aerial photo here, and you can overlay maps and zoom in and out etc. The Conedodgers area is the large tarmac area on the left...