Nitous (once more)

catflap

hmmm, could end up getting expensive with refills, thats my only worry.

£2 / lb it would be interesting to see how long it lasts tho..

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steve wilson

• catflap

• DodgeT

• Matt Seabrook

Dudes, you may find that with even the jets fitted your insurance is invalid.  I would seriously think about getting this checked before you drive on the road, if you have an accident, you could be prosecuted for no insurance.

A 10lb bottle is said to last 6 min?  any one confirm this?

My conclusion so far is as follows

There are a select few companies that will insure you, at a MASSIVE premium

Lots of people claim to have NOS

1. They ether pay insane premiums   or

2. They are telling little fibs or

3. They are braking the law

Im not prepaird to do any of the above.. i want to be legal, and at a resonalble (i am happy to pay more) price

People keep suggesting insurance companies, and so far 90% of them don’t even know what a Westfield is, let along a Megablade on NOS

What we need here is FACT, not speculation, I have asked and asked on the nos forum, here and on the Scooby net forum and you get the same answers, try these, or my mates mate knows this mate that has nos and is insured with xxxx, only to find that they do not insure nos

SO

IF YOU HAVE NOS, and are insured on the road, then tell us who with

IF YOU ARE NOT, and just guessing some insurance people, thanks but ive probably tried them, or ill be in the process of trying them as I work through my yellow pages/back of what ever car mags I can find down the news agents in the next few weeks

Who was the chap in WSCC mag that did an article on his NO`s blade , might be worth a try  ;)  :)  :)

Q2) How long does a cylinder of nitrous oxide last?

A2) Just like your petrol tank it is not long enough between refills, especially when you first fit the kit and play with it as you would a new toy. However once you get past this playful stage you begin to realise what a useful boost nitrous is, and only use it when necessary, then the bottle seems to last forever before needing a fill. It is impossible to put a time to how long a bottle will lasts, as we offer three different sizes of cylinder, the biggest lasting five times as long as the smallest. Besides the size of the nitrous bottle, the size of the nitrous jet (which determines the amount of power increase, and consequently the rate of nitrous usage) can he changed from as little as 5 bhp to as much as 100 bhp, obviously the bigger jet uses more nitrous more rapidly, to be exact 20 times more rapidly. With all this in mind, a big bottle with a small jet will last the longest (approx. 60 mins of continuous use), whilst a small bottle with the biggest jet will last the shortest time (approx. 30 secs of continuous use). To add extra confusion to the calculations, if you fit a POWAMAX DIGITAL progressive nitrous delivery system, you the user can alter the power and consequently the consumption of the nitrous, however the good news is that a POWAMAX DIGITAL makes the nitrous last approx. twice as long as a normal nitrous system. In real life some customers use a bottle a day, some use a bottle a week and some take more than 2 weeks to empty the bottle, it is all down to you, as you control how often you hit the button. It is not like a propane conversion where you use the gas all the time, it is only a BOOSTER to you normal engine power and consequently you can run the car as normal if you don't want to use the gas too quickly, or when the bottle is empty.)

This is from Noswizards Q & A page

Matt's has more power, no question. He has better tyres too, so in reality, he'll probably beat me in a quarter mile dash. However, I'd like to get him on a sprint course, with equal tyres......... :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Besides, I might "cheat", and turn up with my 570Kg, 230bhp Cossie powered car instead........ :D  :D  :D

:0  :D

Yeah, but it's a Zetec, and they must know that it'll never get that much faster..........

Guys...

can we concentrate on the topic here,,,, NITROUS, not who's car's fastest.

Catflap & I are very interesting in finding an answer to our insurance dilemma.

So far its not looking good, which is disapointing :arse:

nice one steve, let us know what he says.

He was suposed to be sorting out insurence, but supose he is also finding it difficult.

I think (Rich is still around, so may correct me, but has moved to USA, and while here i beleive had trade insurence?)

Thanks dodge, we are trying to find out info about nos here.

Catflap did you try the company I use as they seemed adamant that engine mods did not matter to them. Unless things have changed :(

I had a word with Noswizard this morning. He said that graham sykes do insurance for nos but also to look on the Bulletin board on their website as it has been talked about alot

See here

As they say, DO A SEARCH.( type in insurance )

There is loads to read :t-up:

Now that ive had chance to read all the threads it looks like the only two mentioned are: Direct line and graham sykes.

Catflap, did you miss these posts. If not have you tried them?

I gather from the posts that trev at noswizard is trying to strike a deal with sykes for his customers :t-up:

im starting an amateur dental surgery, need it for my patients ;)

Sykes is one of the few i have not yet managed to get through to.  Its been on my list but when i try, i give up and think, ill call back in 5, and forget.  Ill get it don’t this week.  I still have a few to try that i found in the back of LAX BOWELS, not happy i had to pay almost 4 quid for that tat, lol have you read it? its written by 14 year olds

I have searched the nos boards, and its all utter tosh, same old story, of I know a friend of a friend, and as you say only 2 companies are mentioned, one of them don’t do blade cars, and I think I have called direct line, and they said no (ill have to check my list)