• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Motorbike carbon silencers

colnagowetdream

Al does yours ever go "BANG!!!!!!" on the downchange/overrun? Mine has just started to do it. Scared the living daylights out of the first time. I reckon it is probably flaming as well but haven't driven it at night yet with someone following so can't know for sure ....

Nick

Nope!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oioi

• Martin Keene

• chrisbin

• Al Yupright

A crazy idea, but how about 2 free flow bike silencers mounted in parallel, with some sort of Y shaped manifold to silencer connector, so that you have 2 silencers running together. (may look a little daft, but could be swapped fro track days, and then removed later):p

i know theyre not bike silencers but were you thinking of something like this ???

DSCF0002.JPG

the car is a rotary powered striker hence all the silencing.

and if you ever fancy more storage space ... ;)

DSCF0001.JPG

Looks like a car I saw a few years ago, and if it is... the boot was lost to the twin tanks required to keep up with a rotaries thirst!!!

Do you know who's car it is? Can't remember for the life of me where I saw it now... ???

Damn my failing memory... :D

charlie sterling.  he was on the bitb tour.  he was saying that the car was built for targa liege type events, hence the large fuel tank and the storage solution :)

but you're only 28..........

Tell me about it... I'm gunna be b#####ed by the time I get to 40... ???

48, he forgot 20 years of his life (and wouldnt you living in peterborugh!

That's probably nearer he mark... I don't actually live in Peterborough anymore but it is still too close for comfort... :D