Hard tops

Snaggra

Does anyone know of aftermarket hardtops that can be bought for the SEiGHT kits? I would really like to go ahead and buy a kit car, but being a poor student it would be my only car. A hard top would make the car more user friendly from day to day. So, does anyone know of a hard top?

Have you ever tried to get in and out of a car with roof on ? Damn near impossible, and that's with a flexible roof to push and fall against.

Anyway - 'poor student' and SEiGHT in the same sentence ? :laugh: :laugh:

EDIT: This was from several years ago, so is either now available or consigned to the bin...

I suspect the latter, never seen it in any official Westfield literature since I started becoming interested in them (about 18 months ago).

Andy

Thos:

Nevertheless, one cannot deny the benefit in convenience and security would are to be desired. I cannot believe it to be impossible. Ever tried to get into a GT40, or a Boxter? Just as tight fitting sports cars can manage it, so why not 7 based cars?

As for being a poor student wanting to buy an expensive car (and more expensive insurance)...well...I can dream can't I  :D

Thanks to everyone with more constructive comments!  :)

Bananaman, just looked at your link. I e-mailed "web development guru", but do you know if anything came of it? :D

An Elise, eh? Aren't you supposed to be a faithful wscc member!?  :devil:

I suspect the latter, never seen it in any official Westfield literature since I started becoming interested in them (about 18 months ago).

Andy

Yup, me too. BUT... It looks real as opposed to a good Photoshop image, and therefore molds may well exist. If that's the case then suitable amounts of cash might persuade westfield to make one up for you if you asked nicely enough..

Admittedly that could be a problem in this case if the car is for a possibly financially challenged student ;) though..

Also - the screen would have to be realigned to suit the hardtop I would imagine. Not a tricky job, but I don't believe the hardtop would be a simple bolt on job in the first instance..

On the plus side, although the westy one looks pretty grim, it's better than this:

htside.jpghtrear.jpg

:oops:  :suspect:  :D  :D

This is true, both could do with being brought up to...or alternativly out of...date.

People will probably tell me to go get a proper hard top if that's what I really want (bearing cash in mind ;) ) . But has anyone considered using the framework for the soft top to make a hard top? It would look better and would surely be guarenteed to fit. I wouldn't even bother to try, but maybe someone has tried comercially. Do we think that this is what WebDesignGuru's idea may have been?

But I am forced to agree, the westie hard top does look better than what I assume to be is a c******m hard top!

No hardtops available from Kingswinford  :D  :D  :D  :D  Thankfully  :D  :devil:  :D

If you want a hardtop ..................... then buy something other than a Westfield  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D

Long Live Topless Westfields  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:

do you think they'd do a hardtop to fit the aero screens ??

Well, at least it would be low.  Might work if you remove the floor and put castors on the seat.

John

one cannot deny the benefit in convenience and security would are to be desired. I cannot believe it to be impossible. Ever tried to get into a GT40, or a Boxter? Just as tight fitting sports cars can manage it, so why not 7 based cars?

Boxster's may be tight fitting sports cars but I can assure you the door aperture is about five times the size of the equivalent on a Westie.  It would be a bit like trying to climb in through the Boxster's window, only a lot lower...