Interesting F1 facts

Major Stare

Or alternatively just ban carbon brakes and make it possible to overtake again

Not. Williams fitted "traditional" steel rotors to Zanardi's car because apparently he was having trouble adapting to carbon/carbon braking. Didn't seem to make much noticable difference to braking distances or efficiency. If it did, I doubt Williams would have allowed it, as it would have put Zanardi at an even greater dis-advantage.

What's needed is a removal of the advertising billboards, or "wings", as they are euphemistically called. No chance of that.

Control tyres wouldn't make any odds either. Bridgestone had a monopoly for a season or two, and Ferrari still won, Minardi were still last. At least with a "tyre war" (laughable name for "competition", IMHO. FIA spin, anyone?), you stand a chance of getting anomolous results when Michelin turn up with a decent one or two venue tyre, or a decent wet, or something.......

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• neilwillis

• Fat Albert

• Martin Keene

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everybody knock F1 and Ferrari and call it boring?

Just because Schuey is the most talented of the current drivers and Ferrari have the best car (by almost a full lap) on the grid.

Why not knock the teams who cannot keep up with the Ferrari developement.

I don't hear anybody knocking Montoya, who, if is not in the lead by the first corner, gives up and forms part of the procession.

Ralph is only out for a sunday afternoon drive to make the procession longer.

Both BMW and Merc have substantial budgets not to mention Toyota, the third largest car maker in the world.

Come on, credit where it's due and knock the under achievers for a change.

BTW I do support Ferrari if you are in doubt :t-up:

:D

If we compared Westfields to Ferrari we would all drive R***N H***S :oops:

I rarely watch F1  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz: But will gladly pay my £10 or so to watch proper club racing by enthusiastic amateurs driving cars that are their pride and joy with overtaking on every lap  :D  :D

Forget sitting in your armchair whinging about some overpaid dwarfs (except for Mr Wilson) with big heads  :D  :D

Get along to Croft, Oulton, Mallory, Donington, Silverstone, Lydden, Snetterton or Brands most weekends and you'll see proper "RACING"  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  :D

For me, criticising the show as boring has nothing to do with Ferrari/Schumacher. I'm no fan of the two, but it patently isn't their fault. There are equally big gaps between most of the top 8-10 finishers. Remove the Ferraris, and you still have a boring show.....

Methinks the Ferrari fans are turning into defensive zealots....  :0:0:p:p:D:D

Sadly Toyota is now the 2nd largest car manufacturer.

David

Lets be honest Fi is Crap.

They line up on the grid with the front cars 0.5 second of a lap faster than second row, unless the crash or breakdown its no contest.

The gap between Front and back of the grid is about 3secs, dont need much of a brain to calculate the result.

The cars are amazing, the drivers very skilled but its not racing in the true sence. They just as well have a individual time trial.

Bring on Superbikes , saloon cars or almost any other type of motersport.

Rob

The VCR or "video " (as it is most commonly known) is a wonderous instrument.

It allows you to record a Grand Prix, and at the same time do something much more entertaining !

e.g.

cutting you toe nails, or ,feeding the ducks in the local park.

So when it suits, watch the G.P. and fast forward, so you only get to see the interesting bits!!!

i.e.

The Start

The Last Lap

:p  :p  :p

Don't forget the bit where the German tries to kill his own team...

Andy

Anybody else wonder how the Renaults made such good starts?

Well it seems the new rules banning launch control only require the driver to manage the throttle.

Instead of managing the throttle Renault's new launch control now prevents wheelspin using fuel and ignition mapping which is apparently legal.

You could say the rules weren't thought through properly or you could say that Renault bent them. Pay your money and take your choice.

I say bring back slicks, turbo's and remove driving aids...........i remeber wathcing F1 in the mid 90's and it was VERY excititng with spins & tail out action.

It also doesnt help with some tracks having no overtaking corners and most race's won and lost in the pits !

Why not reverse the grid, fastest at the back, slowest at the front!

Trouble is, that would give no incentive to go fast in qualifying, but it'd make the race a little more interesting.

Sorry lads - I thought it was brilliant.

I woke up at 3.30am on Sunday morning and could not get back to sleep. Switched on ITV and was deep in slumber within minutes.  :D

BTW Autograss has reverse grids based on your points so far in the season...

i went to a rally on sunday at clipstone forest. bombed down to clipstone @90 on my private motorway. was a joy to watch. the drivers dont get paid, they pay for their fun.

watch formula one, its ****e, millions poured into utter ****e. theres no way i'd watch F1, well nothing post-1975. its all technology, you can drive them from the pits goodness me!

now, Steve Mcqueens Le Mans i could watch that thousands of times and not get bored. F1 is so bl**** boring after the 1st 10mins im asleep.

im done ranting for now

Sadly Toyota is now the 2nd largest car manufacturer

If your taking numbers of cars built then, yes... in terms of profitability, they're already No 1... oh dear!

Can anybody name a toyota you'd pay to own?

AHEM! (cough, cough)

Celica VVT? MR2? On a different tack HiLux? Amazon?

Statement of the obvious really, but you get to be the world's biggest anything, by mass market appeal. This stuff isn't quirky but is very well made - by the way I most certainly would have a new Amazon if I could scrape the £45k together. I've got kids, live in a rural environment and do a high mileage. Works for me. :D