Interesting F1 facts

Major Stare

Great Formula One Facts

* Scientists at NASA estimate that the F1 rule book contains well over 10,000+ rules and regulations all of which can be tweaked at any given opportunity by the FIM to make sure Ferrari win

* Even the great F1 races of all time have on the whole been quite dull

* Jenson isn't a real name

* In a recent poll of most unpopular Germans Michael Schumacher topped the table for a record seventh consecutive year, edging out Boris Becker and Adolf Hitler into 2nd and 3rd places respectively

* Only the very rich and very stupid attend the British Grand Prix

* The ITV F1 team are the most hated in sport, apart from Martin Bundle

* But especially Jim Rosenthal

* Cigarette sponsorship in F1 should be banned as it encourages smokers to watch a crap sport

* Formula 1 gives idiots like Eddie Jordan and Jackie Stewart a platform to annoy us with their witterings and bad haircuts

* Passing in Formula One is now so rare that's it has been banned as many of the younger drivers get panic attacks due to being in an unfamiliar situation.

* Alain Prost was the last French person to ever achieve anything. And even then it was by cheating.

* The Scottish woodchucker David Coultard's head was designed by Volvo and the inspiration behind Volvo's remarkably average 940 Estate.

* Michael Schumacher is Formula One's most successful driver ever - Reason number one why the sport should be banned.

* If every car owned by a spectator at the British Grand Prix were to be placed end to end it would be exactly the same length as the horrendous traffic jam leaving the Northampton circuit.

* Formula One is now so safe that it's almost impossible for Michael Schumacher to get seriously injured.

* Sleep scientists predict that 97.2% of the television audience will nod off to sleep for over an our per race.

The good news is that in 98.4% of those times the drivers positions have remained the same.

* Damien Hill was one of the many drivers who fell into the 'not nearly as good as his dad' category.

* The underachieving Brazilian Rubens Barrichello has managed to look twice his actual age at all times of his racing career.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• neilwillis

• Fat Albert

• Martin Keene

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some interesting facts to be gathered from Oz

1. Bridgestone made Michelin look like rank amateurs

2. Schu is finished, Barrichello was, is and always will be a w@n%er and he's just as quick as him this year as last

3. The worldwide TV audience for the race was five times larger than the Rugby World Cup final

4. This year as every year the critiscism of F1 from those in the know increases directly in proportion to the audience

:durr: cant believe I got up at 2:30 Am to watch yet another procession. Toyota, Mclaren, Jaguar & Toyota were an embarassing discrace considering their combined experience and budget.

The pay drivers were as useless as could be expected, time for some big changes in F1, don't think they have the couragfe to face the obviuos though.

the first thing they need to do is introduce a control tyre, prefrably slick, so they can get rid of this f#####g stupid tyre war... that way you won't end up with 80% of the grid looking like they're stuck in first gear just 'cause its 18 degrees not 38...

Yup, they have to do something to reduce the technology gap and make it a drivers race instead of it being won in the wind tunnel and laboratory months before the race begins.

Trouble is, it's the technological aspect of it that attracts the big money I suspect.

Trouble is, everyone still watches it despite everything, so all the advertisers still pay their money, so the teams and Bernie get all their money so they have no reason to worry about changing anything as regardless of anything the formula (for business) appears to be working just fine....

:bangshead:

I think lots of us are watching (on video/Sky+) to make the TV advertising mostly irrelevant.

I watch with a morbid sense of curiosity, much like rubbernecking at an accident. We're just watching to see if it actually dies in front of us.........

After 30 years of watching F1 devotedly, I think I will skip watching the next race. There's not enough racing, just driving fast isn't racing. I want to see the skills of the drivers pitched against each other not the budgets of the development shops.

There has got to be more overtaking and driver skill on show to attract me in future. I'm going back to club racing, at worst, it's cheap and boring. But at best it has the show that F1 doesn't anymore.

David

Er, there currently aren't any interesting F1 facts.

Now, Historic Formula 1, that's different. Proper cars with proper tyres making proper noises being driven properly with enormous skill by drivers not aimers and hangers on (bet this starts a war)  :devil:

Er, there currently aren't any interesting F1 facts.

85% of statistics are made up.........

Taxi........  :D:D:D

Gee

Trouble is, everyone still watches it despite everything, so all the advertisers still pay their money, so the teams and Bernie get all their money so they have no reason to worry about changing anything as regardless of anything the formula (for business) appears to be working just fine....

I understand that during a meeting of the manufacturers cartel that were planning a rival series until Bernie fold.., er did a deal, a serious agenda item was cutting costs by eliminating the driver altogether, what better way to show off your technology than by having the cars drive themselves

Liam

Now, Historic Formula 1, that's different. Proper cars with proper tyres making proper noises being driven properly with enormous skill by drivers

Quite agree, I grew up watching Hill, Clark, Amon, Stewart etc taking their cars by the scruff of the neck and later thrilled at Rindt, Peterson, Ickx (in the wet) plus the others doing the same

Technology for Technology's sake has ruined the spectacle, what F1 needs is ALL the sponsors to go somewhere else and take the mainstream car makers with them...

Or alternatively just ban carbon brakes and make it possible to overtake again :p  ;)  :D

After 30 years of watching F1 devotedly, I think I will skip watching the next race. There's not enough racing, just driving fast isn't racing. I want to see the skills of the drivers pitched against each other not the budgets of the development shops.

There has got to be more overtaking and driver skill on show to attract me in future. I'm going back to club racing, at worst, it's cheap and boring. But at best it has the show that F1 doesn't anymore.

David

Ahmen to that, lets see some club racing on tele on a sunday.. and not at 3 in the morning.