Sharing what you’ve just done. Not questions. No comments required.

DamperMan

I started a thread like this any moons ago but it’s been pruned when the new software was implemented.  Sometimes you’ve done stuff you want to share.   People on this forum might find it interesting, Westfield related or not. 

• Like 1

go for it Tony!

New brakes all round last night.   The MOT man suggested they looked quite warn.    The DS2500 rear pads have not lasted well on the rear.    My thoughts were that the fronts being higher temp DS3000 is that the rears are doing more than they should when cold.     But when I stripped the rear one side was ok, the other uneven ware, nearly metal to metal caused by the dimple in pad not being located in the piston calliper.   My Mistake!..     This time I worked out how Sierra callipers work.    Hand brake lever fully off.  Screw the pistons in until they keep turning but all the way in.  Fit the pads, reassemble.   Brake a few times to push the pads out.   Only then pull the handbrake.

The DS3000 race pads had ate my front disks so new disks and a down grade to DS2500 which will be better suited to 99% of my driving, and work when cold.   Since there is no Blyton club track day this year I’ll not need anything Raceier

• Like 5

A little time ago I bought a plasma cutter.   I quite like metal work and making arty tat.   I’ve wedged a permanent marker in it to learn the basics.   Friday night I fired it up.

IMG_0376.jpeg

• Like 7

Vivaro campervan service and MOT prep. New front track control arms, new antiroll bar bushes and droplinks, front discs and pads, rear discs and pads. Passed MOT no advisories. New side bars with rubber steps for vertically challenged SWMBO.

Next job - Westfield spring service, spanner check, oil and filter change, and road test. 😁

Gary

• Like 2

Westfield MOT yesterday, passed with flying colours and no advisories. Scary to see only did 900 miles last year...must drive it more this year.

• Like 2

I've spent 8 hours over the last 3 days detailing the boot and interior of my old XK after some toerag youth threw a full bottle of beer through the rear window just over a week ago. Glass and beer everywhere. It looks great now but was a lot of work. I'm now too tired to drive my Westie 😂 Tomorrow is another day though! 👍

20230416_142900.jpg

• Sad 3

Just completed a 4 month on/off weekend project turning the garden area at the back of my garage ..

From this collection of random monstrosities ...

01 minging.JPG

To this 😇

15 beautifull.jpg

• Like 9

So after hanging on for redundancy which seems like it will never happen and becoming more and more grumpy and discontent with my current job after 15 years, I've applied for a job very similar to what I do now as a Automotive Technical Author but on Agriculture machinery/vehicles based in Warwick.

Passed the initial stage with the recruitment person and have just had an 1 hr 10mins Team meeting with 2 managers and all seemed good and relaxed (not what I'm used to being owned by an American Investment company!).

Fingers crossed for the 3rd and final part🤞.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glen_I said:

So after hanging on for redundancy which seems like it will never happen and becoming more and more grumpy and discontent with my current job after 15 years, I've applied for a job very similar to what I do now as a Automotive Technical Author but on Agriculture machinery/vehicles based in Warwick.

Passed the initial stage with the recruitment person and have just had an 1 hr 10mins Team meeting with 2 managers and all seemed good and relaxed (not what I'm used to being owned by an American Investment company!).

Fingers crossed for the 3rd and final part🤞.

Hope it all goes well for you!

• Thanks 1

On 30/04/2023 at 09:00, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

Got together over a Chinese last night with good friends

Something I hope to experience with club members one day!!

• Like 1

@Glen_I My neck of the woods, what company out of curiosity?