Sharing what you’ve just done. Not questions. No comments required.

DamperMan

Installed a defibrillator for the local Scout group a little while ago where my daughters go.

They were lucky to be gifted it so the very least I could do was to make a decent post and mounting plate, get  it powder coated and sunk in the ground.

Once installed I enrolled myself on the defibrillator course and hopefully I'll never need to use it!

20230113_115846.thumb.jpg.58d4b2c97becf91f8e8193c132402649.jpg

20230113_122924.thumb.jpg.23169e2aab738aaa218947bcbb2a8ed8.jpg

There was mention of a concrete pad for a bicycle parking area and as they know I have a cement mixer.....You know whats coming next!

• Like 4

This morning I collected my son's car from having some work done. On the way back I found myself on a roundabout waiting to turn on to a half mile straight stretch of road with quite a decent gradient on it and one which everyone with a bit of petrolhead about them tries to reach a terminal speed as high as possible before the road narrows. As I turned on to it I was obliged to defer to a Caterham on a roundabout. He, of course. blasted up this hill as one would, and I turned on to it behind him. I'm quite sure he didn't expect to see his rear view mirror filled with an Audi RS4 when he reached the top! No-one with an ounce of red blood in their veins and a 420bhp V8 under their right foot would have done otherwise! :rolleyes: :angel-emoticon:

On 14/05/2023 at 15:31, fatblokestu said:

My mower has been in for repair for the last five weeks, waiting for parts apparently. Unfortunately the grass decided to carry on growing, to the stage where I’m sure there is a small undiscovered tribe living down there now! I did at one point call them up to ask if they sold combine harvesters but the chap didn’t seem to share my sense of humour 🤪🤣.

I have the mower back finally so this is a ‘what am I doing’ rather than what have I just done post. I got halfway through it yesterday on the highest setting, am at the tip (in a very  unusual queue for Crewkerne) getting rid of a huge sack of grass, then am back to finish the rest. Should stay dry for it at least. Oh, and yea I probably should have a bigger mower but the garden has plenty of awkward corners and slopes so this one is about the biggest which is useable.

IMG_7092.jpeg

IMG_7115.jpeg

IMG_7116.jpeg

IMG_7144.jpeg

This scenario reminds me of my wife's (Natalie) late Grandad. His garden was nowhere near the size of yours but he had a push along cylinder mower and a pair of hand shears for the hedges. I said to him (trying to be helpful) why don't we get you a petrol mower and electric hedge cutter????  He just glared at me and said "The longer I'm out here the less time I'm in there, so dont you dare!" He was referring to Natalie's Nan sat in the house🤣

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

This morning I collected my son's car from having some work done. On the way back I found myself on a roundabout waiting to turn on to a half mile straight stretch of road with quite a decent gradient on it and one which everyone with a bit of petrolhead about them tries to reach a terminal speed as high as possible before the road narrows. As I turned on to it I was obliged to defer to a Caterham on a roundabout. He, of course. blasted up this hill as one would, and I turned on to it behind him. I'm quite sure he didn't expect to see his rear view mirror filled with an Audi RS4 when he reached the top! No-one with an ounce of red blood in their veins and a 420bhp V8 under their right foot would have done otherwise! :rolleyes: :angel-emoticon:

I love it when someone in a normal car wants to race or chase me in the Flying Carrot. Doesn't happen often enough unfortunately. Funny enough the last time it happened was an Audi, a TT RS, a very quick little car but couldn't overtake as easily as me so I managed to get away from him

In the very early days of Westfield ownership - 2003 - I had the pleasure of outdragging a moving car. Traffic lights with two approach lanes one of which is a right-turn lane into an industrial area and the other the only straight ahead lane. It is common practice for some drivers to use the right turn lane with its shorter or non-existent queue to do a traffic light GP start and beat the line of patient drivers across. If they fail they can meet a right turning driver waiting to turn right in the opposite direction and have to abort.

On this occasion as it was a weekend the right turn lane was empty and I was first in the queue awaiting a green light to go. A Vauxhall Nova (car of choice for young boy racers in the early 00s) with a couple of said lads came bundling down the offside of the waiting cars and he thought his birthday had come as the lights changed before he needed to stop. I spotted him as he was a couple of cars' lengths form the line when the lights changed so quick start away was called for. His car never even drew level with mine and he was left in the dust! Childish? Mais oui!  But great fun! :lg-westy:

• Haha 2

Went to the slot car festival at Gaydon today to get some spares for the clubs track ready for Malvern, but came back with this for myself. Probably the start of something!

received_3522496378069791.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just fitted my new soft bits for sevens half hood. Taken a while to get it how I wanted it and I've gone for the extra roof bars to aid stability. Test drive was great and went up to 70mph (no faster than that, officer) and it worked an absolute treat with no movement. 

20230520_124152.thumb.jpg.9938a5c18196f02cb0cf081405b12e71.jpg

• Like 4

2023-05-2121_41_26.thumb.jpg.90cd4686bccb11fc1c8ed37eb4145148.jpg

Q-jr has upgraded his race-rig, so of course he needed his dad to help him build it and fabricate a seat base, monitor mount and what-not...

• Like 5

Did a 2 day outdoor first aid course Monday & Tuesday so I can keep my mountain bike guiding/coaching qualifications up.

• Like 2

2023-05-2814_02_57.thumb.jpg.e413f742f6f3d544ede250a401363f55.jpg

You're never to old to learn a new skill...  I've just done my first bit of (gasless) MIG welding.  It's definitely not going to win any beauty contest 🤣

Ist family holiday away in Spain with the grandkids....my wife and my eldest son, along with youngest son, our daughter in law, 8 and 6 Yr old grandsons and 3 Yr old granddaughter.....not having any problems sleeping lol....

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Mighty Mart said:

Ist family holiday away in Spain with the grandkids....my wife and my eldest son, along with youngest son, our daughter in law, 8 and 6 Yr old grandsons and 3 Yr old granddaughter.....not having any problems sleeping lol....

Drink more beer?????