Going down a hill quickly

Mark (smokey mow)

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

This really is awesome. The build quality sets a few manufacturers to shame!

Ah but Ron Champion spent a lot less on his build than me 😀

Being serious though, this is the first time I’ve used laser tube cutting and that for me has been an absolute game changer in terms of the build speed, quality and tolerances of assembly. when marking, cutting and drilling by hand the errors creep in and things don’t always line up as they should but I think this is the first car I’ve assembled without the use of a hammer.

I’m apparently meant to be painting the bedroom this week so that means less time to work on the cars. The postman did however deliver the flexi brake lines today so those have now been fitted. I need to pick up a bottle of brake fluid when I’m next out and then I can bleed the brakes.

IMG_8276.thumb.jpeg.6d1683470ddf3368ef03047703cbca95.jpeg

IMG_8275.thumb.jpeg.60483cfb2e94a4902ed3586e91da8509.jpeg

I seem to be having a nightmare time sorting a set of bike tyres. nowhere I contacted seems to be answering emails or returning phone messages. I’ve finally ordered a set online only to have the fitting cancelled an hour before as they hadn’t been delivered to them in time. I was promised a call back today with a revised fitting date but so far nothing 😡 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Superb work, as always!

• Thanks 1

With just over two months to go, I’d say you’ve plenty of time to finish and test it!

• Like 1

That looks incredible! Amazing job 👍👍

• Thanks 1

No half measures, as usual 😜

Top job. 

• Thanks 1

Impressive as ever. Keep up the good work Mark.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the comments :t-up: 

I’ve a busy weekend coming up so doubt I’ll have much time to work on the car but I managed to find a quick half hour after work this evening to cut  and fold the bonnet. 

the aluminium sheet was too large for my bender so I clamped the fold between two lengths of steel angle and then hammered the bed with a rubber mallet.

the roll was likewise done on the lawn over a length of 4” drain pipe.

IMG_8305.thumb.jpeg.60e1cba11b1db752a34717842760e424.jpeg

• Like 7

Looks like a winner to me.   This is probably  better built than a lot of kit cars with engines out there.

Keep up the quality work Mark 👍

• Thanks 1

Great to the the Kronenbourg box being emptied 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1