• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KugaWestie

• corsechris

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

• Alan Cutler (Adge) - Dorset AO

@KugaWestie it’s been an absolute pleasure to work with you on this. 

To be offered the responsibility of painting a project that has seen so much blood sweat and tears poured into it is an honour.  A responsibility that anyone who knows me knows I take on very personally. 

As a job it’s been a challenge to sort out the problems with the gel coat, to pull that up to a standard that would allow a decent paint finish. With other work commitments it’s also been a challenge to stick to a time frame that we originally talked about. 

Hopefully I’ve achieved on both goals and you now have a paint finish on your car to match the rest of the build quality. 

Good luck with finishing the build and the IVA process. I can’t wait to see this completed 👍

Marto 😎

8 minutes ago, Marto303 said:

@KugaWestie it’s been an absolute pleasure to work with you on this. 

To be offered the responsibility of painting a project that has seen so much blood sweat and tears poured into it is an honour.  A responsibility that anyone who knows me knows I take on very personally. 

As a job it’s been a challenge to sort out the problems with the gel coat, to pull that up to a standard that would allow a decent paint finish. With other work commitments it’s also been a challenge to stick to a time frame that we originally talked about. 

Hopefully I’ve achieved on both goals and you now have a paint finish on your car to match the rest of the build quality. 

Good luck with finishing the build and the IVA process. I can’t wait to see this completed 👍

Marto 😎

The feeling is mutual Marto, I knew I could trust you and you have been fantastic to work with and I consider you a true friend.

Your attention to detail is outstanding, plus your genuine care and constant communication has been very much appreciated.

I only hope I can do the paint job justice now with the rest of the build.

If anyone wants to change the colour of their Westy, you would not go wrong sending it to @Marto303

Wahoo! Nearly finished then. ;)

It was pouring with rain last night when the car arrived back with me so all I wanted to do was get it in the garage.

A bit later I did venture out into the garage to give the car a little stroke though, and I must say that the finish is fantastic, so on first impressions I am very happy!

Bet you can’t help keep going and having a look at it!

Thread housekeeping done.

Just now, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Thank you Dave

If anyone has questions re moderation, please Contact via pm.

Thank you.

Can we get back on track now, please.

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

b*****r did I miss something 🤔

On 21/12/2020 at 21:50, KugaWestie said:

If anyone wants to change the colour of their Westy, you would not go wrong sending it to @Marto303

Fantastic work, you must and should be extremely proud with what you have acheived.

Regarding the colour change this is something I am toying with at present, just to be sure is this @Marto303 who is based on Sinclair ind est, Milton Keynes? 

I collected some carbon fibre from Mark at Carbon NV and I am sure this was the chap he mentioned who had unit 2 or 3 doors up.

Not exactly on my doorstep but I would rather hire van and travel as opposed to leaving it with someone local who just throws a couple of coats of paint on top knowing 'that's good enough'

1 minute ago, Glen_I said:

Fantastic work, you must and should be extremely proud with what you have acheived.

Regarding the colour change this is something I am toying with at present, just to be sure is this @Marto303 who is based on Sinclair ind est, Milton Keynes? 

I collected some carbon fibre from Mark at Carbon NV and I am sure this was the chap he mentioned who had unit 2 or 3 doors up.

Not exactly on my doorstep but I would rather hire van and travel as opposed to leaving it with someone local who just throws a couple of coats of paint on top knowing 'that's good enough'

Yes, that’s the man

@Marto303

I have started putting a few bits back on the car.

I started with the boot gas struts, followed by all of the rear lights

3A7565DB-7696-4EFB-9E79-AA4B59CA1812.thumb.jpeg.0d00979aa86dcd14992df34f42e02d58.jpeg

Next the bonnet gas struts followed by the passenger side repeater and stainless wing vent

9F4BFE29-E644-4406-A784-85FB275155E0.thumb.jpeg.6487433732ca6bbfbe431a6429a850bc.jpeg

Passenger side headlight and front indicator 

A10C6432-CFB5-4044-AA89-3B9D8E697366.thumb.jpeg.8b3a216ed694051d3674f9dcb31b77c6.jpeg

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.