Westfield Sports Cars have gone into Administration

Sean Nock

On 10/06/2022 at 11:34, SteveB21 said:

@Mark E you will find this is one of the most helpful car communities out there. I would strongly recommend starting a build diary and you will get lots of useful help. On the bright side, the ECU and ITBs are from a well known 3rd party supplier, so can be purchased direct. You may even find someone in the club selling a set!  I sympathise with you getting hit by this mid-build, but I'm sure you'll get everything sorted.

Thanks.  Yes, I'm just finding my way around the club website.  I'll see about starting a build diary, good idea.  The ECU and throttle bodies - I had called up OMEX directly when Westfield started dragging on delivering them.  Seems they are going through changes and were not sure when they would restart making the ITBs.  Maybe someone has used Emerald / Jenvey?

• Like 1

Hi Mark

I have both Jenvey and Emerald on my K Series engine without issues.

I am not sure what engine you are installing but Dave Andrews at DVA Power sometimes has both new and good used items available!

Dave Walker owns Emerald and he is ace at setting up the mapping at his rolling road in Watton Norfolk!

Hope this helps

Glutey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark E said:

Thanks.  Yes, I'm just finding my way around the club website.  I'll see about starting a build diary, good idea.  The ECU and throttle bodies - I had called up OMEX directly when Westfield started dragging on delivering them.  Seems they are going through changes and were not sure when they would restart making the ITBs.  Maybe someone has used Emerald / Jenvey?

Pretty sure Omex ran into similar difficulties, and have only just been taken over and re-started up again with new management.  Never used their ITB’s, but have Jenvey, so would recommend them with a nice 600/710 series ECU!

As others have said, seems to be a sign of the times that luxury items are the first the be cut back on.  Plus I did find it frustrating that most (not all!) of their parts were pretty much available ”off the shelf” elsewhere for significantly less, which I don’t imagine helped.  But it was the knowledge that went with it that was always useful - just unsure how you can put a £ value on that….

I’ve been on the end of having a major customer go under during Covid; I wish the team there the best of luck, and speediest of job replacements, but also the creditors (especially smaller suppliers not part of “the group”) owed money.  Without credit insurance, the knock-on effect can be quite far-reaching……

Time will tell, but I’d like to think there is definitely a future for the brand and it just needs “re-jigging” to suit the market/economy.

35 minutes ago, graham frankland said:

Hi Mark

I have both Jenvey and Emerald on my K Series engine without issues.

I am not sure what engine you are installing but Dave Andrews at DVA Power sometimes has both new and good used items available!

Dave Walker owns Emerald and he is ace at setting up the mapping at his rolling road in Watton Norfolk!

Hope this helps

Glutey

Hi Graham, my engine is a 2.0 ZETEC Blacktop

You have nothing to lose by talking to Dave Andrews if he can't help at the moment he will give you some pointers for the way forward!

Glutey

You can buy direct from Jenvey what you need on the throttle body side and then ECU you have many choices.

From reputation Dave Walker at Emerald is very good and has years of experience in supplying and setting up electronics.

Another vote for Dave Walker and Emerald, Jenvey TBs and Emerald ECU on my 2.0 Zetec, bought direct from Emerald along with base map, then had full set up done by Dave, best money I have spent on the car.

Base map was good but dyno transformed the car, you won’t be disappointed.

Lets not forget Troy at Northampton Motorsport either. He knows his way round an ECU or two... ;) 

• Like 2

Anyone know who westfield used to make fw headlight brackets that's all I need to complete my project 

Have just heard living local to the factory,  local news (Stourbridge / Dudley news website) Westfield sports cars have gone into liquidation. !!!!!!!!!

@Mark Levett I’ve moved and merged your post into the main thread, so we can try and keep the discussion all in one spot, thanks.

Thanks all seems like my post is old news!.

Just now, Mark Levett said:

Thanks all seems like my post is old news!.

But no less sad for it.

Liquidation or Administration?