Oulton Park Gold Cup, 30-31st July 2022.

Nick Clarke

WSCC will once again have a pitch at the Gold Cup this year. Please note there is a change of date this year, due to it now clashing with Silverstone Classic.

Applications are now open for display passes, so get in there quick to avoid disappointment.

https://shop.msv.com/DisplayCar

20200830_112456.thumb.jpg.16cc35f82c37ae424a2d9a4b23271ec3.jpg

Nick.

• Like 4

Put my request in for Sunday. Notice the format has changed a bit, option for weekend pass is not available. So it’s days only. I didn’t try but guess you could select both Sat and Sun. 

Always a great event.

Andy

• Like 1

Booked in for Sunday , it seems you can only book for 1 day only and no w/e pass available , also miffed you now have to "pay and display " even if it is 1/2 price . 

• Like 1

You can book for Saturday and Sunday if you want to, but please only do so if you are going to be going on both days so you don't take up a space unnecessarily.

I didn't bother with the Friday as historically we don't get many people going on the first day, probably as there isn't much on, and this year with it being a Friday not a Saturday, most people will be working anyway.

Nick.

Ticket applied for on Sunday.

• Like 1

Applied for Sunday, looking forward to it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nick Clarke - Joint Wirral & North Wales AO said:

You can book for Saturday and Sunday if you want to, but please only do so if you are going to be going on both days so you don't take up a space unnecessarily.

I didn't bother with the Friday as historically we don't get many people going on the first day, probably as there isn't much on, and this year with it being a Friday not a Saturday, most people will be working anyway.

Nick.

I tried to book sat sun but it would only let me book 1 day !

Bernie perhaps you have to book the whole weekend instead. Which, I think , works out cheaper. 

That’s the original point, it doesn’t let you.

the only options not greyed out and showing as sold out are the Saturday and Sunday selectors. But as soon as you select,one, it de-selects the other.

Whether it would let you book and pay for one day, wait, then come back and book and pay for another, I don’t know. As they seem to be manually reviewing the ticket applications. 

i suppose, they’re perhaps doing it, thinking they will sort an issue of too many people getting weekend tickets, then only going one day and leaving car club stands part empty, with no tickets left for others. In reality, many of us that go, went both Sunday and Monday, so it’s possible the club stands could be decimated by this. 

(I missed last year, I think) But pre the pandemic, they seem to have been messing around with the club side of the format for years now. I don’t think they know what they’re trying to achieve.

Anyone checked if their applications have been approved?🤷🏾‍♂️

They are rejecting kit cars in the NWKCOG that are not registered before 2000!😳👎

Yep, approved and bought this morning, as was Andy (Greenstreaks).

• Like 2

One of the unsuccessful ones rang MSVT to be told they have had complaints regarding too many cars being newer🤷🏾‍♂️

But looks like they've changed their minds as they have been accepted now🤔

Screenshot_20220509-153606_Facebook.jpg