Calling Surrey/Hampshire/Sussex Owners

ChrisB90

Just seen this thread - waiting on my 1st March "22" plate and then I'll be out & about!

Would be good to do a run out I am North Sussex So Surrey Hampshire is fine. 

The Surrey lot used to meet at the Parrot in forest Green. as it had a big car park but it is more of an eating pub rather than a bacon butty pub. 

I'm in Southeast Hampshire but right near the West Sussex border so I could be interested in a Surrey/Hants border meet. Especially if meeting at Newlands corner as I used to ride around there when at Surrey Uni.

• 2 weeks later...

HI sorry didnt reply earlier but I dont check the site enough. Would be up for a  meet weather permitting. Has to be about 12 degrees and hopefully sunny as  my Westfield has no heater !!!!!

5 hours ago, David John said:

HI sorry didnt reply earlier but I dont check the site enough. Would be up for a  meet weather permitting. Has to be about 12 degrees and hopefully sunny as  my Westfield has no heater !!!!!

Westfield sell some gloves and wooly hat merchandise, it's what I use this time of year without a heater too 😄

• 3 weeks later...

Chaps, seems as though we may have as many people as we may get within our area for a bit of a get together. Not sure what everyone's doing Sunday 13th March? If you're  not free, please feel free to suggest another weekend. Hope to meet you all soon. 

• 4 months later...

Hi I just read the chatter about this thread from earlier this year.  Does anyone know if this has evolved into anything?  I live near Guildford, Surrey.

Thanks 

• 5 weeks later...

No, but it would be good to get something together before the summer runs out...

A few thoughts: 

Also worth keeping an eye on DailyDrivenBrit on Facebook for their events at either Petersfield or Alresford.

16 minutes ago, Euan Hoosearmy said:

No, but it would be good to get something together before the summer runs out...

A few thoughts: 

Also worth keeping an eye on DailyDrivenBrit on Facebook for their events at either Petersfield or Alresford.

My vote would be Departure Lounge in Alton :) But that's a classic car meet:

http://www.thedepartureloungecafe.co.uk/classic-car-sunday/

Whilst my old girl would qualify, some of the newer cars wouldn't.

Bacon butties at Podium Place in Newbury or Newlands Corner is an option. Bracklesham Bay is 1.5 hrs away from me, so I'd veto that idea 😄

Departure lounge allows kit cars - age for them is not important.

Full list of eligible vehicles is image.png.d5a9b721c615713af9f8d95f010c6640.png

25 minutes ago, Euan Hoosearmy said:

Departure lounge allows kit cars - age for them is not important.

Full list of eligible vehicles is image.png.d5a9b721c615713af9f8d95f010c6640.png

Let's do it then :)

So this would be 4th September? If so I will try to attend, what time to meet up and do you want to pre-meet somewhere in Alton to convoy in?

I am based a little way North of Basingstoke so a nice reasonable drive for me and the Westy.

Yes 4th Sept. It's supposed to start at 2pm. You don't want to be late or you'll end up in the top car park which is a bit on the undulating side for anything with low ground clearance. Main field is fine.

I'm on the Winchester side of Alton so barely get the engine warm going there. 

If doing a pre-meet an easy place to meet would be at Lasham, either at the gliding club or Avenue Garden Centre. It's a short run down the fast sweeper section of the A339 to get to Departure Lounge from there.

As long as weather is ok I will try to get to the Garden centre by the latest 1pm but with the Mrs on board probably earlier to see flowers😇

• Like 1