Calling Surrey/Hampshire/Sussex Owners

ChrisB90

Hi all, 

Been trawling through the website, and it's not particularly clear if there is a group for Surrey/North Hampshire owners. It seems there is/was a group that used to meet at the Parrot Pub every month, but I'm not sure if that still happens? Could anyone advise? 

If there isn't a group, can I suggest we start one? Seems there are a few people wanting the same thing? Maybe start a WhatsApp? 

Please don't let me be the only one 😅

• Like 1

I suggested the same thing a while back, as you have an increasing set of owners it seems, you may have inadvertently offered to be the AO 😀👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

I suggested the same thing a while back, as you have an increasing set of owners it seems, you may have inadvertently offered to be the AO 😀👍

I'll second that nomination! Have a word with @Trevor Little (Trevturtle) - AO Representative, @ChrisB90 and myself and the other AO's will support you from a far etc.

• Thanks 1

I'm in North Hampshire (Kingsclere) and my closest group is Thames Valley which meets in Maidenhead. Others all further away but keen to know if better for me to get to or add to my fun days out🤗

• Like 1

Well that snowballed slightly. I'm terrible with responsibility, but can give it a go to help enjoy our pride and joy. 

Appreciate the offer of some help chaps, don't really know what is expected or are the responsibilities of an AO, but I'll get in touch as and when i come across anything im not sure of. (if someone would like to volunteer so this group doesn't tail off please please feel free). 

Think it would be great though to meet at a pub somewhere of an evening, or meet for a bacon sandwich (or veggie alternatives) on a Sunday morning. Even meet up with other local owner groups somewhere in the middle of us all. 

Anyone you know who has been looking for a surrey/north hampshire/Sussex group, please point them this way! 

• ChrisB90 changed the title to Calling Surrey/Hampshire/Sussex Owners
9 minutes ago, ChrisB90 said:

Well that snowballed slightly

Sorry, that's my fault :blush:, But we had someone else last year asking where the Surrey area met, and they don't because there wasn't an AO to set one up, I asked if they were offering to set one up and got no reponse.. PM Ian or other AO's and they will help you out, as I have  no idea what's involved either.

I am sure you will do fine 👍

• Thanks 1

Haha don't apologise, if no one has volunteered then I will take it on, I guess I should have expected it. It isn't difficult to find a pub or a bacon sandwich and tell people where and when you're going. 

On a side note, is anyone going to the goodwood members meeting? 

• Like 1

Bacon Sandwiches are what gets me up in the morning. If you have any suggestions of where to meet, ideally probably around Guildford kind of way I guess maybe towards Dorking, let me know, ideally with plenty of parking for all the people that will come haha 

Newlands Corner is a great suggestion. Need to pick a date, maybe towards the end of Feb? A Sunday morning would probably be best as then we can get out before most, and go out in the daylight etc and most places will have food for breakfast. Any dates you can't do @Euan Hoosearmy? If you come across anyone else, send them our way! 

We at SKCC (southern kit car club) are very active most of the year almost every Sunday morning albeit a bit more south easterly than your suggested meeting area. 

if you manage to get support then give us a shout and we could combine a couple of meets now and again to bolster the numbers - we often start at Buck Barn on the A24 Mac Donald’s services for a run to a convenient cafe..

I suspect we are mainly made up of westys at the moment but have other marques join us regularly 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

North Hampshire owner here (in Hook) :) As others have said, the other closest group is the Thames Valley group who meet at the Bird in Hand in Reading every second-Sunday of the month.