Peak District run out, Sun 17th Oct, 10am, Bull

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

7 hours ago, RobH72 said:

Gutted I missed it,

I kept thinking of you yesterday, thinking Rob will be kicking himself when the weather wasn't so bad. If we had met at 11am we would have been dry. Not to worry, there is all winter to enjoy😱

8 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

online now,

That's interesting, I hope so.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Julie Hall - Joint Peak District AO said:

I kept thinking of you yesterday, thinking Rob will be kicking himself when the weather wasn't so bad. If we had met at 11am we would have been dry. Not to worry, there is all winter to enjoy😱

You know me, if it's dry (ish) I'll be there!

It was tipping it down at home, it would have been like driving in a car wash with no windscreen 😂

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, RobH72 said:

You know me, if it's dry (ish) I'll be there!

It was tipping it down at home, it would have been like driving in a car wash with no windscreen 😂

Same here - got up early enough to attend, but looked outside and wimped out instead. No fun with no windscreen, especially when the aeroscreen seems perfectly angled to direct water into your lap....

That said, if I'd known Billy was going to turn up in a "normal" car, I'd probably have ventured out in my latest acquisition - a stupidly-loud, ultra-thirsty V8 - my last hurrah before we're all forced into Nissan leafs or Renault Zoes

• Haha 1

Just now, NigelO said:

That said, if I'd known Billy was going to turn up in a "normal" car, I'd probably have ventured out in my latest acquisition - a stupidly-loud, ultra-thirsty V8 - my last hurrah before we're all forced into Nissan leafs or Renault Zoes

Ooooo..............do tell more.......................

4 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Ooooo..............do tell more.......................

Well, I have a "significant" birthday next Monday, so I wanted to treat myself. I've sold my heavily-modified turbo-nutter Fiat Coupe and also got rid of the daily-driver Alfa GT.

However, I love the coupe bodystyle, so...p1010201.jpg.27b024337d242bc2ba71ed155370ffe2.jpg

• Like 7

That's very smart 

ooo nice one

On 17/10/2021 at 20:20, Julie Hall - Joint Peak District AO said:

I feel better now I have read that thanks Paul, I was really annoyed because I had just come out of the 50 zone and gone back into the 60 zone, I didn't realise that I had gone back into another 50 zone, I could have slowed down, grrr. Julie, pay more attention and stop looking at the lovely views.

I spotted the scamera van very early on the opposite side of the road, I thought he was getting the front of cars coming towards him, then I got a nice clear photo of the back of my car in the post :oops: again like you 58mph :( they must make a fortune on that stretch of road, it's very confusing, plus you go from dual carriageway with an island in the middle to three lane single carriageway quite often, two lanes uphill and one lane down.

• Thanks 1

That reminds me, it's well past the 14 days notification time, now, I may have just about got away with the camera van on the way to Quackers a month or two back - another 50mph drop, section.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

That reminds me, it's well past the 14 days notification time, now, I may have just about got away with the camera van on the way to Quackers a month or two back - another 50mph drop, section.

It's not nice waiting! 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

way to Quackers a month or two back

yes, I remember you saying about that so I did wonder if you got one, lucky you.

• Like 1