South Coast - Quay for My Car (Poole Quay)

Mighty Mart

Probably picket post, or on the way to Burley somewhere?

My sons coming as a passenger and doesn't get home from work until 4.45, so I will be around Burley at approx 5.45 ish....

Let me know what meet area works for you two?

Mart.

How about Picket post car park just before the A31  coming from Burley  5:45  is good for me..

Gary

• Like 1

I will be coming over, assuming the MOT tomorrow goes ok!

• Like 2

5.45 at Picket Post it is then - suggest the garage on the slip road as car park has some deep ruts?

See you there - the more the better!

Mart.

• Like 1

I’ll see you down there, nobody wants a Skoda in the convoy, what time do you reckon you’ll be parked?

Depends on traffic - hopefully 6.30 - 6.45 ish?

Mart.

OK, so for those of us coming from Lymington way, meet at Picket Post Garage (westbound side) at 5.45 ish - hopefully will be me, gazzwesty1 and Pete Robinson so far?

Pete, I'm still on the same mobile number ending 187. Are you still on ending 781?

Gaz, Ill pm you my mobile number mate.

Anyone else welcome to tag along.

Looking forward to it!

Mart.

Hope to see some of you later this evening.

All being well I'll probably arrive around 6:15pm, coming over from Honiton.

• Like 2

Ended up going solo, as the other two cars dropped out last minute unfortunately.....

There was a decent turnout - 97 cars IIRC - mostly Caterhams.

I got there at 7pm and was number 93.

Lovely evening to spend on the Quay, but didn't catch up with any other westie owners unfortunately.

Mart.

Hi Mart

Sounds like is was great. Starter knackered so getting new one today had to  get wife to bring other car for a quick tow home...

Happy to catch up when passing as I often do the  forest  loop as a quick run out.

I will let you know when I am out next.

Thanks

Gary

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mighty Mart said:

Ended up going solo, as the other two cars dropped out last minute unfortunately.....

There was a decent turnout - 97 cars IIRC - mostly Caterhams.

I got there at 7pm and was number 93.

Lovely evening to spend on the Quay, but didn't catch up with any other westie owners unfortunately.

Mart.

@Mighty Mart,

Sorry we missed you; the 4 of us from Dorset/Somerset arrived around 6:25 and were parked up just after the round about, I think there was about 8 Westfields there and we managed to meet up with a few of the other owners and helped Tony (with the supercharged Seight) sort out a problem with his ignition switch and get on his way home.  A lot of cars from the West were held up on the A35 due to an incident and arrived at about the same time as you, I think saw Martin @Hemsleydrive in at about that time.

Jon

• Like 1

Yes the A35 was quite congested, so we arrived quite late. It was a good evening for walking along the quay, chatting to a few of the owners and looking at the boats too.

By the time we'd had our fish and chips it was gone 9pm and I was one of the very last cars to leave so the trip home was very easy. It was getting cooler and there was a low mist gathering in the fields, a few deer appearing at the edge of the woods. A great afternoon and evening.

• Like 3