South Coast - Quay for My Car (Poole Quay)

Mighty Mart

Heads up that the yearly Sevens night is this year on 16th July - all Friday car event nights are normally 6-9pm, however, website currently showing the sevens night as 5 - 8 - will confirm if this is an error of not ASAP.

This is normally a really good evening, with a good turn out of Caterhams and some Westfields - it would be nice if a good number of Westfields turned up?

The Caterham club messaged me on whatsapp and asked if I could post up the event on here too.....

Literally just turn up, get marshalled to a parking spot and enjoy the evening on the quayside - if the weathers good, there is no better way than spending the evening....tyre kicking, chatting to fellow owners, eating good fish and chips or pub grub, and looking at the boats.....

Mart.

If she's up and running I'll be there.

• Like 1

Count me in for this one.👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bump for this one - maybe organise a meet up on way?

Ill be coming from East of Poole - towards Lymington - anyone else coming from this area?

Mart.

17 minutes ago, Adge Cutler- Dorset AO said:

@Mighty Mart Have you been able to clarify times yet?

@Adge Cutler- Dorset AO Extract from the Dorset Road Closures Notification - "Quay For My Car Each Friday from 2 July 2021 to 27 August 2021 Poole Quay from the junction with the High Street to Ballard Road. Fisherman’s Road. Old Orchard from Poole Pottery Roundabout to Strand Street Road closed and waiting and loading/unloading prohibited (except for permitted users) from 5.45pm to 9.30pm"

Looks like 6pm to 9pm - note access is now from the A350 to the Quay due to COVID19 closures.

@Mighty MartDorset Area meeting is tonight we'll confirm our route and timings and post here tomorrow.

• Like 1

Brilliant - cheers guys.

I'm pretty sure it'll be 6-9pm - that's what I'll be working on anyhow.

Mart.

@Mighty Mart those from the Dorset Area who can make it (4-5 cars) are planning to be there around 6:30pm, 🤞 for good weather.

Great - the earlier the better from past experience - just depends on how many turn up. I've seen around 100 cars there before so it is possible they run out of room and you cannot get a space on the quay - admittedly unlikely though.

Regards,

Mart.

• Like 1

Hi Mart

Happy to meet somewhere  on the way to Poole. just let us know I will be coming from Lymington.

Gary

• Like 1

Mart

I will be leaving from Lymington, let me know what time you are leaving and we can meet on the way.

• Like 1