WSCC Blyton Sprint 2021

Terry Everall

Just back from the workshop dropping my car off and now going for a well needed shower. 

Cracking weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it, I’d like to take the opportunity on behalf of myself, Anna and I’m sure everyone else there to the organisers and helpers.

I must give a big personal thanks to Nigel who is always very welcoming and helpful at every event We have been to and never stopped both Saturday and Sunday keeping the racers flowing to the start. I’m sure without him we would have been a shambles! 😁

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Andy - a15cro said:

I must give a big personal thanks to Nigel who is always very welcoming and helpful at every event We have been to and never stopped both Saturday and Sunday keeping the racers flowing to the start. I’m sure without him we would have been a shambles

Always a star is Nigel!

• Like 3

The speed series guys and gals are such a friendly bunch. I also love the way everyone is keen to pitch in and help at the drop of a hat. 

A personal shout out to @Howard and @Alex Gaskin who risked 3rd degree burns to help get me one last run - and papa Phelps who’s reputation as the mobile spares dept came up trumps 😁👍

• Like 2

Anybody got a contact for Tony Smiley please??

16 minutes ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

Anybody got a contact for Tony Smiley please??

Will send you it 

Thanks

Echo all the comments above, genuine thank you to everyone that made the weekend possible.

Now can you all pop back and collect all your tyres that you left, must be £1k of rubber in the photo.

AE405440-9537-4F5E-95A5-EF428C548C49.jpeg

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Kingster said:

A personal shout out to @Howard and @Alex Gaskin who risked 3rd degree burns to help get me one last run - and papa Phelps who’s reputation as the mobile spares dept came up trumps 😁👍

@Kingster One good turn deserves another - thank you for the loan of the battery 👍 

• Like 1

What a great weekend, very big thanks to all those involved in the organisation particularly @Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary & Ron Siddle who headed it all up. With all the other people who turn up and give of their time and energy to make the weekend happen. The smiles on everyone's face always shows what a successful weekend it has been. 

Fantastic fun to get back driving a Westfield after 16 years and a road going one as well, thanks to everyone for their help in sorting the teething problems getting a car I've only owned for 10 days going, but got there and made every run, success 👍

Congratulations to @Alex Gaskin on doing brilliantly well on his first Sprint and deservedly winning the Novice Trophy, cracking job, well done. 

Now, when's the next one ;) 

• Like 4

Knockhill in 2 weeks ?

34 minutes ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

Knockhill in 2 weeks ?

Would really have liked to make this but as per our conversation yesterday I have too hang my helmet up till September now with the Mrs going in for major surgery at the end of this month.

Cracking weekend.

Thanks to all involved for organising.

Great to see a few new faces and well done to Alex Gaskin for an amazing effort on his first sprint. One to look out for in future I think. :laugh:

Well what a busy weekend. 

congratulation to @Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary and Rocket Ron for the outstanding organisation, along with Nigel in the paddock and the chuckle brothers on the start line @Garry Bunn - Derby & Notts AO+ @Delboy

by the end of the weekend i was quite fedup with getting in and out of the car but that only means we had plenty of runs.

new tyres for me for this event thanks to @Triple M Motorsport @Muggofor getting them on the rims for the weekend.

PB's on both days, what seemed like a mamouth task 4 years ago in my little crossflow posting times of 85 seconds around the outer track has now seen me in 2 new cars and a pb of 62.93. very happy chap

unfortunatly terry strapped his balls on and managed an astounding time of 62.63 and won our W3 class. thanks to @Peteroconnoras well for the great competiotion over the weekend.

cracking competion, cracking banter, how about we do it all bigger and better next year.

• Like 1

1 practice and 7 timed runs on Saturday and 1 Pracice and 8 timed runs on Sunday !!!

👏

• Like 1