Gamers, assemble

Dazz150

Do we have any gamers here? 

With a relatively small to do list on the car this winter I've had more time to get back into gaming. I mainly play call of duty (ps5) and recently finished my gaming setup. I have always wanted a designated play area and now I've got one 😄 Although it's probably a matter of months before the kids claim it as their own.

What are you playing? Show me your setups if you like.

20201226_112136.jpg

• Like 2

I've got a massive list of winter upgrades... but gaming is warm and indoors and winter upgrades aren't!

Started lockdown 1 by moving my desk into my unfinished office.

20200329_170137.thumb.jpg.7594c2f73aa67c102cf23ad308b9eea4.jpg

Then with no end to working from home in sight, over the summer I upgraded to an Obutto setup which I'd been hankering after for a long time. In my mind, it was the perfect solution to a combined working and gaming desk!

20200926_161216.thumb.jpg.61faed2766d3743445b1faefd2b63479.jpgThat was just after assembly, hence the spaghetti mess. I've moved it around since though it still a bit of a spaghetti mess to be fair! The problem I have is the VESA mount for the monitor is right at the top, which leaves it hiding behind the steering wheel. I've had to shift the monitor back too far and put the stand on bits of wood to minimise the problem, but it's still not ideal. Getting there though. The desk has moved to the other side of the room and serves the work laptop. Longer term plans are to go for triple monitors, but there's a few car projects to get out of the way first.

Currently playing Factorio, Mass Effect Andromeda and a range of survival games on the PC. Destiny 2 and Gears of War 5 on the Xbox.

Despite the setup, I've just realised I've not played a driving sim in a few months now 😄

Hahaha the irony, as soon as I posted I realised I also haven't touched my racing sim in months. Mainly because I shifted most of the games to make room for Gran Turismo 7 when it comes out. 

I find racing sims strange, I raced a lot of Corsa Assetto and love it. But oddly I don't find it a 1hr pick up and play process. If I'm going on I need to have prepared and put an evening aside which I can't really do too often with everything else going on. 

What are the survival games you mention @Dommo?

Screenshot_20210119-200408_Photos.jpg

Looking through Steam, the last driving sim I played was Euro Truck Simulator 🤣 I might pick Assetto back up again later this week. The main benefit of this scaffold excuse of a desk is that I can just swing the keyboard out of the way and everything is set up. Or at least, it would be that easy if I'd have bought a wireless keyboard. More upgrades!

The Forest and Subsistence are the two recent ones.

It seems 7 Days to Die has the most time spent, though haven't touched that nearly two years. Dying Light and Green Hell were last years efforts I think.

• Like 1

One of my plans for this year is to get my room more sorted to allow for a more well organised gaming setup.

Been playing a lot of Star Wars: Battlefront 2 on PC recently as it was free on the Epic Games store (may still be!), but I have thousands of hours put into the Forza games on Xbox.

My PC is fairly well developed, but I want to get a larger case so I can manage the cables better (right now they are really squashed in in the PSU side of the case), I'm thinking Lian Li O11D XL, and whilst I have everything out of my current case I might try and get a 30 series Nvidia GPU...

I'm a bit like you with proper racing sims @Dazz150, I have to take a drawer out of my desk to be able to get my steering wheel in place so I very rarely play Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa. 

• Like 1

Way, way too many hours spent playing Borderlands 3 of late.....no fancy rig, just a PS4 on the lounge TV, but also have an XBox One in the spare room on the old plasma telly.

Will no doubt buy a PS5 when they come back into stock.

Never liked racing sims for some reason.

• Like 1

I'd been wanting to get back in to PC gaming for a few years now, and Lockdown has been the perfect excuse as I can't work on my car due to it being in a friends garage for upgrades since October.

So I set to building a PC of fairly decent spec back in November:

•AMD Ryzen 5 3600

•16GB DDR 3200 RAM

•2TB SATA Hard Disk

•500GB SSD Hard Disk

•Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Super Gaming

•27" Asus Monitor ( might get another for a nice wide screen view).

Seems to play recently released games in high detail pretty competently.

I've always liked fps and racing games. Currently playing F1 2020, Forza 7, WRC 9, COD 4 MW Remastered and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

20201203_221053.jpg

20201203_220828.jpg

20201203_221120.jpg

• Like 3

I've got a games room set up with all my old consoles from back in the day; Master System, Mega Drive, SNES, N64, PS1/2/3/4. I also have a decent PC with a Vive VR setup and driving chair which came in useful for getting to know the Nordschleife before I went.

The jewel in my gaming geek crown is this, in my workshop;

thumbnail_50855215281_40f6199ed5_o.jpg

• Like 7

Current PC Specs:

• ASUS ROG X570-F Strix
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • 42GB DDR4 3600 RAM
  • 3TB SSD
  • 1TB M.2
  • Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
  • 32” ASUS XG32VQR Curved Monitor

its a bit overkill for what I use it for, I very rarely push it hard. But it’s nice being able to max out all the graphics settings in most games and still get 100+ FPS.

• Like 2

Based on these posts, I think I’m someone who plays the odd game, not a gamer!

Some serious dedication on display here.

20201202_192121_resized.thumb.jpg.737ea99135d7e3dab225d83e63819737.jpg

I race in a couple of online championships on GT Sport and use my old Westfield Seat and Steering wheel

Oooh, didn't realise there were so many gamers on here. Some lovely driving setups about too! I used to have something similar when I was living on my own in my flat (pre wife) but nowadays with my work and son I'm pretty much a vanilla console gamer.

I've got a PS5 and Xbox One on the 55" 4K TV in the 'play room' (son's toy room in the day, my home cinema/gaming room at night), and my old PS4 up in my office. I'm probably going to replace the Xbox One with a Series S and move that into the lounge so I can play some more chilled out stuff after my wife falls asleep now and again rather than relocating to the other room all the time. Basically consoles everywhere! :) 

I had a big old run at games last year largely due to lockdown (I think I completed about 30) but my current titles on the go are Horizon Zero Dawn, GT Sport and Rocket League.

I have a stack of other things still to get to though. However I'm determined to get the Westfield back up and running this year so need to not get too drawn into them.

My work 3D pc has decent specs.

intel i7 10700

16gb ram

512 ssd

2tb hd

nvidia RTX3070

no time to “play” on it yet though!

Also have a PS4 and currently loving Assasins Creed Valhalla 😁

• Like 1

I've been racing for years with Grand Prix Legends , a 20 yrs old simm that has been constantly updated 

Its still rated as one of the most realistic simulations there is .

The original was based on the 1967 F1 Grand Prix season but now has expanded to include a host of different seasons and racing marques 

You can race "online" with any of dozens of leagues but the one I use is UKGPL 

All you need to know here 

UKGPL  

1 hour ago, Andy M said:

Horizon Zero Dawn

I really liked that one - looking forward to the next one of they ever finish it 👍

• Like 1