FRIDAY 9th July 2021 WSCC Blyton Trackday

Terry Everall

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

First vid from me.

Interesting to see you also got stuck behind the yellow 54 plate westi for a couple of laps, but at least he eventually let you past. My son was such behind him for 4 or 5 frustrating laps.

Where were the marshals with the blue flags. 

Rather than doing something rash trying to get past he came into the pits.

Like most Westfield track days the driving is generally good but there always seems to be one driver at some point who either can't use his (or her) mirrors o just won't allow someone past.  

28 minutes ago, Rhett Turner - Black Country AO said:

Interesting to see you also got stuck behind the yellow 54 plate westi for a couple of laps, but at least he eventually let you past. My son was such behind him for 4 or 5 frustrating laps.

Where were the marshals with the blue flags. 

Rather than doing something rash trying to get past he came into the pits.

Like most Westfield track days the driving is generally good but there always seems to be one driver at some point who either can't use his (or her) mirrors o just won't allow someone past.  

It’s not a race, mildly frustrating as it may be, does it really matter on the “club” track day?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rush Motorsport said:

It’s not a race, mildly frustrating as it may be, does it really matter on the “club” track day?

Goodness gracious me! we weren't racing were we! :oops:

I've had another look at that first vid, and I think I know who was in that particular yellow car, and to be fair we were "held up" for about a lap when he was in clear air. That's fair do's in my book.

The thing is... I was given a mild talking to by the start line guy about getting too close to @Michael Whitworth's :arse: .. and advised to leave more space. So if we're all socially distancing on track, how do they know who's holding who up?

I must admit, I do have a tendency to drive a little closer than you and Mike when I’m wanting to pass 😄

25 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

I must admit, I do have a tendency to drive a little closer than you and Mike when I’m wanting to pass 😄

You cant possibly get closer than me and Mike.. we're bonded! 😍

We had a little "incident" in the morning. I came tonking round the last corner with Mike behind and they chucked out the chequered flag for lunch.. The car in front of me suddenly slowed and went straight in, I slowed (rapidly) and saw Mike locked up behind me. 🙂 Did another cooling down lap.. 

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

You cant possibly get closer than me and Mike.. we're bonded! 😍

:black-westy::dg-westy: Hardly a fag paper. even when going straight at chicanes you can't separate us.

But we weren't racing. Its not a race track you know.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

We had a little "incident" in the morning. I came tonking round the last corner with Mike behind and they chucked out the chequered flag for lunch.. The car in front of me suddenly slowed and went straight in, I slowed (rapidly) and saw Mike locked up behind me. 🙂 Did another cooling down lap.. 

That was a bit hairy, I really need to sort my ABS out.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

I've had another look at that first vid, and I think I know who was in that particular yellow car, and to be fair we were "held up" for about a lap when he was in clear air.

It was me, apologies  to everyone...hope I didn't ruin your  day. 

2 minutes ago, Trevturtle said:

We have all been that guy at some point. lol

3 minutes ago, Trevturtle said:

Don't worry about it. The marshals would have blue flagged you if it were a real issue. I was one of the slower cars out there too. Takes a fair bit of getting used to. 

I held a few cars up on my first stint in the xtr2, I was to busy concentrating on what I was doing in the car than looking in my mirrors.😊

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Trevturtle said:

Quite frankly my day was totally ruined and I'll be seeking financial compensation. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Photos are pretty dam good. 👍

Here's my new no lights high viz look.

20210709_WSCC-TD_IMG_6561.thumb.jpg.0593ba1268a17dd273519b9cb0cbf7f9.jpg

They look good. I couldn't see a price on the website. How much are they

1 minute ago, BenD said:

They look good. I couldn't see a price on the website. How much are they

I've paid £7 for six. very reasonable. 

Some videos from my car on Friday. I do need to sort out the microphone to get rid of the wind noise. There is some bits with other people in but it was quiet!

I picked up an annoying bug splat at some point too 🙄

• Like 1