Cambridge AO

chazpowerslide

I have been contemplating taking on the role of Cambridge AO for a while now. (I've had a couple of chats with Martin Keene [x Cambs AO] to this end but I've made nothing of it so far).

I'd like to get the Cambridge area up and running again before the summer begins and I think it would be a good idea if all of those interested could meet up to discuss what needs to be done.

I am prepared to take on the AO role but I would need one or two other key people to help and support my efforts as my time is (as is everybodys) rather limited.

I'd like to set up a meeting at the White Hart in Milton Cambridge (big car park, good food, fairly central and easy to get to as it's just off the A10) as a starting point.

I'd like to have the first meeting on Sunday 15th Feb at the above Public House at about 2pm.

Will all those interested post here so I can get some idea of the numbers involved/interested.

TIA.

Chaz.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• Martin Keene

• ChrisF

• markh1970

Hi Chaz

Good luck as Cambridge AO, I hope it takes off.

I was East Anglia AO before Martin took over and I moved to Swindon.

My parents still live in Peterborough so I will try to tie up visiting them with one of your future meetings, can not make Feb. though.

Rob

Good Luck with it - Hope you get the support  :D  ;)  :D  :D

Two in two days, that's great.

I'll put a post on the "Website/Message Board Chat" bit as well as some people may not come here very often.

Chaz.

Ian

I didn't realise that was you... what happened to the pre-lit rebuild???

I have been conversing with a guy called Mark Harris recently who lives in Duxford, he has also shown interest in taking over as AO, maybe the two of you can help each other?

I will endeavour to be there... nothing worse than the previous gut not making the effort :D

Seemed to have missed this initial post.

Martin beat me to it, but I am interested in helping run the Cambridge area.

Can make the meeting, as long as it does not rain too hard (aeroscreens on a megabusa and the english weather).

See you there, if not in the 'busa, will get there anyhow.

Cheers,

Mark Harris

Hi Mark H

It'd be good to meet you on the 15th, we can have a good chat about how we can go forward, I recon the more people involved in the AO role the better.

I have Emailed the Membership Secretary for an up to date list of the Cambridge contingent of the WSCC and I'll send a letter out to them all in due course with regard to the meeting on the 15th.

It looks as if interest is increasing which is great, I'm really looking forward to the 15th.

Martin, the Pre-lit actually turned out to be an SE/Pre-lit hybrid, all the later SE front suspension fits (which it would'nt to a Pre-lit chassis) and the rack sits square in the chassis (it's offset in the Pre-lit) and is not shortend as it would have to be in a Pre-lit.

The transmission tunnel is horizontal as it goes into the rear bulkhead as is the Pre-lit and the rear end from the bulkhead back is identical to my SE.

I have been told that the chassis may be an intrim development from Pre-lit to SE  IYSWIM

I'll have the Car with me on the 15th all being well.

Chaz.

Martin, the Pre-lit actually turned out to be an SE/Pre-lit hybrid, all the later SE front suspension fits (which it would'nt to a Pre-lit chassis) and the rack sits square in the chassis (it's offset in the Pre-lit) and is not shortend as it would have to be in a Pre-lit.

Ahh... what happened to VX power then? I see it now has a pinto in it.

How did you get on with that De Dion back end I would be very interested to see the finished result.

I'll Email you to remind you Neil!!!!!

Martin, the VX is my my other SE, the Pinto in the car in my avitar was in the other SE.

I dropped the De-Dion idea after a lot of faffing about (it's now in a V8 Locost) the clincher was when I discoverd that the live axle was fitted with a LSD   :D

Chumly, I've met a few of the Cam7ers, Neil Hall (Crash Bang Wallop) attends the Cam7 meetings also.

Will you be coming to the meeting on the 15th Feb?

Chaz.

I would be there, but i'm in southampton till june (or thereabouts).  Can you keep me informed cos i will be about after I finish uni :p

Cheers

Scruffy