p****d off been Burgaled today!!!!

Paul Ash

Thanks for the support everyone.

They broke in with a crowbar to the kitchen window frame, at the back of the house. (wooden frame double glazed) which will now have to be completley replaced.

The dog was with SWMBO who was out, which I feel was a good thing as she is still only a puppy (Sheltie) and they may have done something to her!!

Going to order a Little cctv camera system,hooks straight to the computer or a video from "simply automate" we use them at work and so far they have been excellent.Unless someone has a better suggestion.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Man On The Clapham Omnibus

• Paul Ash

• jeff oakley

• S8ight

Going to order a Little cctv camera system,hooks straight to the computer or a video from "simply automate" we use them at work and so far they have been excellent.Unless someone has a better suggestion.

I can't see that deterring the drugged up scum unless the cameras are visible but inaccessible.

My sympathy goes out to you though, I'd be absolutely gutted if it happened to me.

Richard.

My commiserations too.

Unless someone has a better suggestion.

Sounds good to me. I'd perhaps leave one of them visible through a window, and have a sticker on the front door to say "CCTV monitored" or somesuch. Just below the CCTV sticker, I'd have the sticker/insignia of my local gun club........

They're external cameras. around 50mm diameter 6"long.

just right for putting up on the eves of the house. colour/black white & infa red!

As far as I understand :durr:  the Law states that warning signs would have to be displayed & we had to subscribe to the data protection act. We had to at work but I dont know if it is different for a private address.

Paul, Do you have an alarm system? If you're told that a bellbox advertises that you've got something to steal I'm afraid they already know that. An alarm tells them you are prepared to protect it. Unlike a dog, it's always home! Dogs are good, no doubt, but an alarm bellbox is a good reason to choose next door rather than your house. It's all about risk as far as the intruder is concerned. Two adjacent houses in a street will have very similar value contents 'cos we mostly live in a street with neighbours of similar wealth to ourselves. If next door has no alarm and you have one, the would-be intruder will tend to choose the house with the lower perceived risk. Dummy boxes are very cheap but you really need one with a sticker on it of a local (or national) alarm company to be really effective.

Unfortunately, an alarm's effectiveness is not high if the attack actually takes place. Audible-only ones tend to be ignored and remote signalling alarms rely on the boys in blue arriving by teleport in a second or two. Rumour has it that they are not quite that quick. :arse:

I've just seen where you hail from. There's an electrical wholesaler in Crawley (TLC Southern Ltd) in Royce Road, and an alarm equipment whoesaler (Gardiner Security) in Priestley Way also in Crawley. Either of these will sell you a dummy box but TLC will also sell you a label for the bell box and it has a credible name on it. :0

the Law states that warning signs would have to be displayed

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Sod the law (I am very sorry to say)...............

These days if you have a postcode on the central register you are gonna get done for everything they can throw at you. From SORN fines to 2.5% on insuring your wife and kids.

I got done for speeding (£60) yet a kid that was banned from driving 5 times killed a 12 year old while doing 60 in a 30 and got a £200 fine.

More car drivers are jailed than burglars so they de-classify drugs etc. Whats all that about? We all know that todays weed is not the simple stuff from the 60`s

A muslim extremist gets £900 a week in benefits, slags of this country and is expected to get free legal aid for some 4 years before they `might` throw him out.

Man shoots persistent burglars so they jail him.

So many youngsters (and immigrants) are driving uninsured so they jack our premiums up.

Wife had to have her car re-tracked due to huge pothole that is supposed to be funded by my car tax (not)

I had to pay for my mum to have a hip operation privately even though she has been in this country all her life yet a well off  Nigerian `health tourist` comes to this country for a FREE check up and treatment and then flies home.

Man kils some 200 pepole and when he commits suicide there`s a huge debate as to how this could have happened !!!!!

Hundreds of Haemophiliacs are given Hepatitis. 20 years later the govt doesnt say sorry but awards payments to the living survivors. Not a penny nor acknowledgemt for the ones they killed.

They send soldiers to fight bio and chemical weapons they KNOW are there but dont give them the suits etc to protect them. F*cking good job there were none, trouble is we`ve got sh*t loads of angry Muslims now.

F*ck em, stick your camera up without a warning, you`ll get sent to prison just the same as if you wired up the door knob.

Rant over, as you can tell I`ve had enough of soft government. Bring in a hard government that has THIS countries interest at heart so that I can feel proud to live in the UK instead of being made to feel grateful.

wired up the door knob.

Now that is not a bad idea, I know it maybe against the law, but the law is screwed up anyhow. (see Hilux)

Sorry about your break in.

If you do go the PC video camara route, can you post some details up here.

I picked up my new car last night, I have in a locked garage, with a locked trailer in front of the garage and a locked car in front of that, but I still would just die if it got stolen.

She is my petrol drinking girlfiend, and with that being the case I have 2 girls on the go at the go. Gurr.

Totally agree with Hilux. It is a bad thing when the scum get away with everything but the rest have to pay. Unfortunatly there will now never be any goverment who punishes properly. They have been convinced that prison does't work by the liberal wishy washy look for the good in everyone types and they are probaly right. Living near an open prison where last year eighty (thats right 80) just walked out the gate you undestand why they don't work. If the b******ds were breaking rocks and digging ditches or sweeping the streets they wouldn't want to go back in would they, instead three meals tv etc whilst we have to understand them.  :angry:  :angry:

On Pistonheads recently,a guy had his house broken into while he slept,stole the keys to his new Tuscan,wifes BMW and the puppy labrador they got the day before.Since then,I have bought a safe and put the car keys away every night.They can have my cat thou :)

Commiserations Paul...

and we'll probably all get nicked for speeding (we're the criminals remeber, according to Labour) this week while the smack head that did your house over is feeding his digusting little habit...

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

err... sorry rant over...

warning signs would have to be displayed & we had to subscribe to the data protection act. We had to at work but I dont know if it is different for a private address.

As part of our domestic/commercial network and automation systems packages, we do CCTV.

You're quite right with the requirements for commercial premises and businesses, but domestic non-business premisses don't need the warning signs, and other requirements.

Although, a neigbour would be within the rights to object if they felt a camera affected there privacy.

Having said that, my neigbours were broken into a couple of years back, and actually asked if I could cover a bit more of there house with one of my cameras!