p****d off been Burgaled today!!!!

Paul Ash

Got a call this afternoon at work to say that my house had been burgaled :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:

Got home to a ransacked house and all the electrical items other than the tv gone!! (got no remote or power lead now though!!;) All the kids PS2 and games, DVD player and DVD's etc etc etc. not to mention SWMBO handed down family Jewelrey(irreplaceable) atleast no-one was home!!!

On the brighter side no one is hurt and most things can be replaced.

they didnt even bother to look in the garage and, nick my tools etc

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Man On The Clapham Omnibus

• Paul Ash

• jeff oakley

• S8ight

:bangshead:  :bangshead: new labour announced today: we have now legalised burglary and the crime figures are well down on last year! :bangshead:  :bangshead:  its a b*******, but most coppers are either nicking motorists or sat in an office manipulating numbers to make these new labour filth look better! ???  ???  its all a load of :arse:  :arse:  :arse:

You can probably get all your kit back at a bargain price at your local car boot  :cool:

But better to get it replaced , Hope your well covered ,

I had me garage robbed a coupla years back , it did me a favour in the end as I got all new kit .

But the awful thing is that you never feel the same again , once your  "castle" has been "broached"

It must be a lot harder when its your personal stuff.

Feel sorry for you mate, I hear this everyday as I work in a central station monitoring alarms, probably a smack head feeding a drug habit :angry: Like you say at least nobody was at home.

Very sorry to hear of the break-in.

I also work in the security industry (manufacturing components) and am interested in feed back from victims as to exactly waht was the means of entry. The more that is known the better can be the protection. Do you know how they got in?  ???

Sorry to hear of your bad news.First thing to do is try to get all the recipts for the goods stolen and pictures of what you had. The first thing the insurance company will do is sympathise with you then try to reduce the claim value by making you feel like a criminal and dispute the values of everything, they will also nominate suppliers for the electrical goods etc and you might be stuck with something worse than before. My father in law was burgled and a very expensive gold pocket watch was stolen their nominated supplier was a high street chain who could not supply one. It took seven months to get them to agree to cash so we could them get a similar one from london, minus the 20% they get off from nominated suppliers. The way they dealt with a 74 year old man was worse than the burglary, hope you have better tratment. Ps agree with your sentiments about them dying not pc but so true.

Jeff

:arse: i got burgled about about 17 years ago, the good bit was we knew who did it, boy did we have fun  :t-up:

dont give up hope though, a guy on one of the ski boards i post on got burgled the other day, the police nicked three lads a couple of days later  :t-up:

Today, there are more prisoners in jail for motoring offences than for burglary

Send a copy of your stolen inventory to

Richard Brunstrom

Chief Constable

North Wales Police Headquarters

Glan-y-Don

Colwyn Bay

Conwy

LL29 8AW

and thank him

Complete b******ds, you have my sympathy. The electrical stuff etc can easily be replaced, it's the personal stuff that's a pisser.

For what it is worth I had some tools nicked from my garage whilst we were in the house (garage was open) about 2 years ago. We were insured with Direct Line and they were excellent  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up: had all new replacement kit, most of which was better than I had, sent straight to the house within a week.

Good luck mate

David

My sympathies to you also.  :(

I hope that your ins'ce co. is better than Jeff's dad's.  Knocking off 20% is out of order and a breach of contract.  However they will normally replace mainstream electrical/consumer stuff by direct replacement these days, it keeps the costs and the fraud down - which helps keep premiums down :)   Though you are welcome to your own beliefs on that point ;)   Most will offer you the opportunity to upgrade to a higher spec at 'cost'; if they don't, and the idea appeals, politely enquire.

If you think that your insurer is taking the p1$$, you can elect to appoint a Claims Assessor to act on your behalf.  I don't know any but Yellow Pages etc...

One other little tip, upgrade your house security.  The scum who nicked your DVD etc. will know exactly where to get a newer, better one in 2-3 months time.

That's bad news Paul  :down:  :down: Hope someone gets there cum-uppence and suffers a nasty accident  ;)

Paul, I'm really sorry to hear that mate  :(   and I sincerely hope whoever it was has something devastating happen to them soon.

Not trying to make it sound worse but review your security ASAP as the next possibility is that they wait until you replace said items and then they break in again to steal them - I know 'cos it happened to my sister a few years ago!

Personally I'd get a big 'f*ck off' dog like mine 004.jpg

as they are probably one of the best deterrents there is - actual pic is of one of his relatives but it's the spitting image of Jake)  ;)

bad news mate :(

You'll be lucky to see stuff again, probably been sold on for a tenth of what its really worth to feed some scums habits :angry:

I'm with peterg on the big dog front. My father lets his german shepard sleep in the garage if there is a spate of break in's locally.