Now FREE! MX-5 'Munter' Track Hack

AdamR

What a kind, generous and club focused offer! 👌

15 minutes ago, AdamR said:

The photos didn't help facilitate a sale? I'm shocked... 😆

So, how about this...

I'm a firm believer that life is for living, and experiences trump bank balances. And they say the best things in life are free, right? Well the Munter is one of the best things in life. So, it clearly now follows that the car can be collected free of charge. That's right, zero pounds, to anyone who wants it!

The only caveats are as follows:

1) The car gets released as-is, except I'd like to keep the AFR gauge, harnesses and steering wheel for a future project. With some fuel in, it'll head straight to a track and run all day once you add steering and occupant retention devices.

2) The spares are all 'up for grabs' by separate sale, at very sensible (cheap) prices.

3) The new owner is to let me know when they plan to attend their first 3 track days in the car, invite me along, and add me as a second driver on the booking if I can make it. I'll provide 'support' with the car and a bit of instruction too, if you like.

I'm offering this to the Westfield club first, as I trust anyone who takes the car on will use and enjoy it for what it is, and not just flog it immediately afterwards either as a complete car or in bits. While I am aware I can't stop that happening, it would clearly leave a pretty sour taste and be absolutely against the ethos of this post!

Form an orderly, COVID-secure queue... Or not. I'm not sure how this will go down, but it's worth a try  :black-westy: :t-up:

@AdamR that is bl**** brilliant post...

Hell of a package!!

Many would pay a fortune for track day support and instruction from Adam, and it still would be fantastic value for money.

To get this FREE with FREE expertly developed and set up track car IS priceless.

Do not trust this man seriously i have known him for a few years now and he is as mad as a box of frogs

he turned up to our last meeting in an MR2 ! plot lost or what !!!

Adam you are too generous for your own good...

If nobody take you up on your offer Adam i recon a Lancashire collective could take this on and run it for track days?

• Like 1

Awesome. If I didn’t already have a Lionel. Seriously you need this in your life.

@Mole ??

40 minutes ago, RussH said:

Awesome. If I didn’t already have a Lionel. Seriously you need this in your life.

@Mole ??

I am thinking hard... but I dont know why I am not just hitching my trailer and heading north!

24 minutes ago, RussH said:

do you want to be in my gang, my gang, my gang?

You're the leader, leader....

9 hours ago, Paul Gibney - Lancashire AO. said:

Do not trust this man seriously i have known him for a few years now and he is as mad as a box of frogs

he turned up to our last meeting in an MR2 ! plot lost or what !!!

Adam you are too generous for your own good...

If nobody take you up on your offer Adam i recon a Lancashire collective could take this on and run it for track days?

😅

If the Lancs WSCC crowd want a track car to play with then that would be ideal, keep it away from those dirty Southerners!

8 hours ago, Mole said:

I am thinking hard... but I dont know why I am not just hitching my trailer and heading north!

Haha. Well you'd be extremely welcome to take her / him / it Martyn, appreciate the geography is fairly 'extreme' though.

PS. Munter is much faster than Lionel 2 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AdamR said:

PS. Munter is much faster than Lionel 2 😉

don't hurt Lionels feelings like that, he will hide away now for a month now you have said that.

@RussH  

• Haha 1

Indeed they do. Never did get round to doing that shootout... half a dozen drivers plus one Lionel plus one Munter would make an amazing day out...

Have someone "interested" (not sure how you can be "interested" in a free car, you either want it, or not...) but he hasn't got a trailer. I've said it's first come, first served...

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.