S2000 Decat Group Buy

Brewster

@LukeW and myself are looking to get a decat pipe for our Mega S2000 cars as per @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO photos below. IanK has kindly lent Luke his original catted pipe to get something fabbed up. The place Luke has enquired with has quoted £200 for one unit but there may well be room for negotiation if there are more people interested.

If you think you would like one then please post below. Logistics may come down to WSCC mail, but I'm sure it can be sorted.

image.png.b537b90dc45622941030a85e9b4574df.png

image.png.d6ffa360edc80c1bca570fd465621222.png

Is this the correct place to list this ?

Wouldn't it be better suited in the external adverts?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rednop1 said:

Is this the correct place to list this ?

Possibly not!

30 minutes ago, Rednop1 said:

Wouldn't it be better suited in the external adverts?

Moved at your request sir! 

@Brewster & @LukeW Hope this makes sense?

12 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Moved at your request sir! 

@Brewster & @LukeW Hope this makes sense?

Apologies. I was unsure where it should go.

2 minutes ago, SteH said:

Interested.

Luke is taking the pipe to the fabricators on Saturday. We'd need firm numbers by then I'd imagine. If you'd definitely like one then let us know.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Yes, If I can get firm numbers it will help with my negotiations. 

At the the minute I have 4 with @SteH showing interest. 

Anyone else interested? 

@Hadz any use for you? 

17 minutes ago, SteH said:

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO Just thinking ahead... Are there any issues with engine mapping moving to the decat pipe?

Nope, it's not such a great change. The existing map copes fine both with or without throttle bodies. You can switch off the Lambda control once decatted, which some users prefer. This is quick and easy to do. I can guide you.

• Like 1

Who made that decat pipe, the clamps are really nice.. certainly beats a T bolt clamp

1 hour ago, Paul Aspden The 2nd said:

Who made that decat pipe, the clamps are really nice.. certainly beats a T bolt clamp

This chap- http://www.russfellowsfabrications.co.uk/

Hold your horses people.

I popped down the to fabricators today (they are open Saturdays) and seems I got talking to the organ Grinder and not the Monkey from last time.

He told me to do it off the car using @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO as a template will be £450, as he will have to make a jig from Ian's and then the Decatted pipe!

I told him what the 'monkey' had said last time and and he confirmed with the car there he would do it for £150, have it all polished up and fitted to the car within the Day so I could have her back in My garage overnight.

I'm not sure how to go about this now.  I asked if he could run off 3/4 more using my car as the template for the decatted pipe,  he said he could but would need my car for more than the day, and wouldn't be willing to go any cheaper on the costs. 

Provisionally I have booked in with him to do the work in a couple of weeks time, I have a few more fabricators with a good rep to try local to me to see if I can get them made off the car from Ians spare, I will look to get to these some of the evenings next week if/when i find the time, but cant guarantee I will have any success.

Apologies if people were getting their hopes up!

Note that the factory supplied decat pipe (which I have) is sub £295 with the current 10% discount code.

just saying.......:p

• Like 2

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.