Peak District meet Sunday 23rd August

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

6 minutes ago, Trevturtle said:

Raw teabags sir?

tea, bahh isn't that for deviants 😉 Black coffee, beer or water for me! 

@Trevturtle Where you aware of this attempt to ram raid your wares from the car on the right?

image.png.831e1e67fc34071903a1aa5ecdd5c2a2.png

image.png.c3bb7d1625d43a8843396a87121f59dc.png

I thought you were a gonner! Perhaps paint your car bright yellow to make more likely for those visually impaired drivers to see you? or fit a loud zhorst!

• Sad 2

Hmmm,...........why do cyclists get injured?

50 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

@Trevturtle Where you aware of this attempt to ram raid your wares from the car on the right?

image.png.831e1e67fc34071903a1aa5ecdd5c2a2.png

image.png.c3bb7d1625d43a8843396a87121f59dc.png

I thought you were a gonner! Perhaps paint your car bright yellow to make more likely for those visually impaired drivers to see you? or fit a loud zhorst!

... I think  he expected  me to stop because he started driving out the junction . I did stop. but in front of him.. His mrs was feeding the swear box with coins at that point.  

I should have offered him apples,  that may have helped?

• Haha 5

I can't that you all enough for having me tag along. Such a friendly bunch of scrumping Westfield fans!

Thanks to my mates @Si.Dalziel and @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO for the support and terrifying me and motivating me all at the same time. A rare feat.

I'm now busily organising myself to get the rest of my build done! 

Mucho excitement!!!!

See you all soon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

Hoping AndyR's child picks up, you would have liked parking at The Bull I Thorn as there was a Porsche Targa 4S there with fancy roof moves. Blimey, listen at me becoming knowledgeable on Porsche types.

Glad to see you all had a good time and that you are learning to appreciate zee-Germans (there is nothing wrong with seeing us in your mirrors @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO😉). I nearly went for the Targa 4S as it's a beautiful version of the 911 ... however the fancy roof limits the head space for the rear passengers and in the back of the 911 you need all the space you can get to make it a viable "family car" 😉 

Evie is still struggling but you learn to roll with the punches ... hopefully the next couple of days we will see some improvement and I can get out for a drive at the weekend 🤞

• Like 2