Knockhill 14th September

Kingster

A few more words from me..

My day started at 5am, away about 5-30 and was one of the first there at about 8-30.  Car sticker and wrist bands were dished out at the gate on entry, so it was just a case of unloading and hit the track at 10am. No noise testing or sighting laps at KH. I actually waited for Chris and Mike to arrive before unloading so we could find a space to park up together. It worked out well, as when Neil showed up there was a convenient space right next to us. Perfect.

Weather at this point chilly but dry.

First session on track confirmed my fettling with the gear extension after Oulton had in fact made it worse! 😞 A few missed shifts, and it was a case of getting the hang of it more than anything. I thought about taking it to bits again over lunch but decided to just make do.. it worked, sort of..

Had some good sessions with @Michael Whitworth on track, so will get at least one vid up at some point. I had a couple of busy sessions, but most were fairly clear, with cars moving over nicely. There was a nice bunch of fast Caterhams that I couldn't quite keep up with, but it's fun trying! 

Weather in the afternoon was bright and warm.. yes really! Warm! 😎

I don't think any of our team suffered any major issues.. it was a bl**** good day!

I love Knockhill. Anyone who hasn't tried a day there, really should. It's six hours journey time for me, but worth every minute. 👍

P1170199.thumb.JPG.9755c2638daa5db218a1fb8dde9a20f7.JPG

P1170190.thumb.JPG.3a13fd62248bfab2f58411c9e9981bb7.JPG

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster said:

Here's one of my sessions

You're going well there Chris. Getting into the 59secs is good going for a first visit I reckon.. I don't think I did on my first. 😚

My PB is in the 57s, but I didn't get out of the 58s yesterday.. will think of a few excuses soon. 😉 

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

You're going well there Chris. Getting into the 59secs is good going for a first visit I reckon.. I don't think I did on my first. 😚

My PB is in the 57s, but I didn't get out of the 58s yesterday.. will think of a few excuses soon. 😉 

Checked my lap timer and looks like that 0’59” might not have been a proper lap (speed looks wrong). But did a good few 1’02”s so I’d say that was probably my genuine best. 

I’m perfectly happy with that for a first timer though. 

49 minutes ago, RussH said:

You normally blame the wrong tyres 😄

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster said:

Dodgy gear linkage 👍😁

I'll take either. 🙂