Knockhill trackday 14th Sep

Andrew

Knockhill have only two full day open pitlane days this year..  5th July and 14th Sep.

As the July date is very close to another day I'm doing, I'll be looking to do the 14th September one.

Open pitlane, 50 cars max, not sure about noise, but they don't test.

I've not booked it yet, as we need to see how the restrictions go north of the border.. but will keep an eye on the booking numbers. Currently only 2 booked on.

Anyone else fancy it?

Would be great to join you on this one @Andrew now that I have a trailer and can travel further afield, but I think I will leave Knockhill until next year. Definitely one I want to do though. I remember seeing touring cars there a few years ago and thought it looked like a great track.

Have a good one!

• Like 1

On 08/06/2020 at 13:07, Andrew said:

Anyone else fancy it?

I might be able to do this one. Time is a bit tight in September if Italy is allowing us there by then though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I might be able to do this one. Time is a bit tight in September if Italy is allowing us there by then though. 

At the moment I don't think we can even drive to knockhill let alone do a trackday, .. but surely by September if we're not in the grips of a second wave, things may have relaxed .. enough to allow stop overs? .who knows.. 

I think I'll definitely be booking at some point, as I can do it all in a day. 

Shall continue to monitor the bookings .. six booked on now. 

Possibly...what’s the situation on staying over at the circuit?

1 minute ago, RussH said:

Possibly...what’s the situation on staying over at the circuit?

At the moment we cant stay overnight at any circuit, no idea what will be allowed by September though. If it's allowed by then, as far as I know, you can camp at the circuit.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did see this trackday Andrew but the car is not quite  ready for track yet, I need to get the spare diff changed to 4.4 and need to sort out wheels for wets, See how things pan out I may be there😀

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, fil46 said:

Did see this trackday Andrew but the car is not quite  ready for track yet, I need to get the spare diff changed to 4.4 and need to sort out wheels for wets, See how things pan out I may be there😀

It's about eight weeks away.. get swapping. Be nice if you could make it Phil. 🙂

31 minutes ago, RussH said:

@syman84 Are we lionelling?

Could we not be Westying by then Russ? 

2 minutes ago, Ben(EBD-ENG) said:

Is it worth the 5 1/2hr drive

Its about 3hrs for me Ben, and I consider it well worth it. 

22 minutes ago, Andrew said:

It's about eight weeks away.. get swapping. Be nice if you could make it Phil. 🙂

Could we not be Westying by then Russ? 

yes but sharing a car halves the price of an expensive day out :) 

26 minutes ago, RussH said:

yes but sharing a car halves the price of an expensive day out :) 

Be warned, Knockhill's second driver charge is truly shocking! .. still cheaper than dragging two cars up there I suppose..