Car Lift - Options

Tom Frankland (T3OMF)

Just now, Mike424u said:

Just make sure you follow the instructions.

And don't do what this guy did. 

Proof they work on a cobra

image.png.8e4fe9b4672f4c1d4c4c888368d8a6eb.png

I have bought a unit off ebay which seems to work well, paint was pants but construction good. Biggest problem was that they said it would be delivered and positioned where I wanted it😵. It weighs 530kg and was delivered by 1 non english speaking guy in a decrepit Transit with no lifting device, driver used a wratchet strop to slide it out and leave on my drive which is stone. Lifting it was a struggle as had to hoist from above as no space to fit under even a toe jack, even transport wheels have to be fitted lifting the frame. Finally got it in position and they say it can be used without fixing in position - no way - it slid across floor and then I had to do the whole lifting thing again as it would not move back. Now fully fixed in position, no fixing holes provided and repainted where required. Cost £1500 will lift too 1 metre and has good platform widths so other cars will fit, think in hindsight I would go for a named make and pay the extra.

If he'd allowed the cam to drop right past the stop by raising the ramps a little bit further it would have lifted itself automatically, both sides of the car, as the ramps were lowered. The 'one-side-only' effect can't happen if it's allowed to work properly. I haven't yet worked out the function of the air cylinders though.

I have just watched the QuickJack setting up video and it seems that you must manually set the cams. I was labouring under the misapprehension that they would ride up and flip over the detent on their own if they went far enough past first. Seems not... :bangshead:

On 06/01/2022 at 12:07, Mike424u said:

What sort of price do these lifts come out at ?

Anyone have a price for this make, I cant find anything on their web site ?

The one I have has a different set up.

The safety ratchet things whatever they're called... Mine works like this...

As you raise the car the x2 sets both ratchet with x2 steel arms dropping into gaps. As you lower the car those arms need to lift out the slots by compressed air. So plug compressor into control box. Press down, the lifter lifts UP slightly, then steel arms pop out under compressed air valves, allowing it to slowly lower down. If finger off the button... Locks again wherever it stops.

I paid around 2.5k for mine... Might sound expensive but it certainly is exactly what I wanted 

No fixing to the deck.

No thick concrete mounts required.

No 3 phase supply.

Can move it with small heavy duty castor wheels supplied.

Has no obstacles underneath at all giving me about 3ft of width.

Lifts to 1 meter.. which I can't go any higher due to to garage ceiling...

I get my westy on with no timber.

Had to make 2 things for it 

A. Some entry ramps.

B. Chassis support bars for front end. The westy chassis tapers so the wider lifter doesn't pick up the chassis. Easy fix. I used 2x2 steel tubes. X2 side by side welded together. Then put your chocks on top of that. Lots of position options 

The simplicity is what attracted me.. just position it... Plug in and that's it...

Will take 3 tons as well! So it'll take a Tesla S as well...

See.

Managing director

Kris McGough.

Rise Elevators

Kris@rise-elevators.co.uk

Use ref 'up westy' for whatever discount he gives .. westy owners I think...

image0.jpeg.37411b9768d6314952badf8323fb0f52.jpeg

Very Nice

They sound like they are the same as quick jacks, but have a much better total lift height.

Not sure I would want compressed air as well as hydraulic 

Quick jacks are just starting to sell higher lift ones, so very similar.