Used slicks (where from)

Simon Waterfall Syman84

i used to get mine from Dave @ Superslicks, not too far away from you in Tamworth  07414 863 657

and reasonably cheap.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stickymint said:

i used to get mine from Dave @ Superslicks, not too far away from you in Tamworth  07414 863 657

and reasonably cheap.

That’s where I had mine from, which were very cheap!

But the website doesn’t seem to be there anymore.

Be c careful with altering your ride height due to different tyre circumferences and overall diameter. Particularly an issue if you alter the rake too much

And @AdamR has not been over yet to tell you that rainsports in 185  for a trackday is everything you need...

Well. Then i will. Rainsports in 185 and forget slicks. You wont beleave how fast you are next time you drive the car with sticky tyres... it will be like turning down the dificulty in you videogame!!

• Haha 1

I only didn't mention it because I'm not sure 185 road tyres will go well on 9" rims 😆

• Haha 1

I think I have the Rainexpert 3... one sec.

Yep, those in 185/70R13, on 5.5" rims. True caravan wheels / tyres 😆

On 11/06/2020 at 21:35, AdamR said:

I think I have the Rainexpert 3... one sec.

Yep, those in 185/70R13, on 5.5" rims. True caravan wheels / tyres 😆

Rawwwwwrrrrr 😎

Have put 185/70s on 6 and 7" rims. The 6" looks OK, the 7" a bit stretched .. but OK. Having got them though I wish I'd gone for 185 / 60s as these are very tall. They only just squeeze under my front cycle wings. Anyone with wings snug to lower profile tyres would struggle.

P1160538.thumb.JPG.c0d4c68bf777b4d4e2e30aba06d0f052.JPG

They look meaty! I should have said I only got the 70 profile for gearing reasons - sorry Andrew. Still, now you have them you'll never need to use them 😃

Andrew have you got those on ready for Donnington on 22nd??  Looks like I will have to get some on mine!

53 minutes ago, AdamR said:

They look meaty! I should have said I only got the 70 profile for gearing reasons - sorry Andrew. Still, now you have them you'll never need to use them 😃

My gearing is slightly on the short side too Adam, but I cant say I'll be trying hard enough in the wet to exceed 120mph. :oops: .. and yes, hopefully I wont need them. 

20 minutes ago, Mole said:

Andrew have you got those on ready for Donnington on 22nd??  Looks like I will have to get some on mine!

My wet option up to now, was some ancient crusty race wets I've had for a few years now.. probably only marginally better than slicks on a proper wet track. 

Donington shall be dry! :sun:

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

My gearing is slightly on the short side too Adam, but I cant say I'll be trying hard enough in the wet to exceed 120mph. :oops: .. and yes, hopefully I wont need them. 

My wet option up to now, was some ancient crusty race wets I've had for a few years now.. probably only marginally better than slicks on a proper wet track. 

Donington shall be dry! :sun:

It will be if I put some on my only set of wheels!! 

Forecast for this Tuesday is dry til about 11 then 50 percent chance of rain showers..will be my last session on three reasonable R1Rs and one not so good.. but should be good practice for the 22nd..

• Like 1