• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

SEiGHT

V8 Animal

What a beautiful looking car.  Try googling the phone number.... it looks like Kevin sells quite a lot of cars and bikes, and might also be known as Midland Classic Motorcycles, but there's no clue as to whether this really is his own SEiGHT.

2 hours ago, V8 Animal said:

As I’m way out of touch,

thoughts please?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143605117239

Is this one of your previous Westfields @GarethHD?

15 minutes ago, IainCameron said:

What a beautiful looking car.  Try googling the phone number.... it looks like Kevin sells quite a lot of cars and bikes, and might also be known as Midland Classic Motorcycles, but there's no clue as to whether this really is his own SEiGHT.

I thought the second half of the ad read like a trade advert.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I thought the second half of the ad read like a trade advert.

He also thinks it has a contoured dash, but it doesn't look like it to me, and that its colour is 'Midnight Blue', whereas I think it's Navy Blue.

And he could use a Yellow AeroScreen, if you ask me, given that he appears to have the extra wide wheel arches already :d 

• Haha 1

Mot advisories on brake discs and "prop shaft joint"

2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

That car looks like it's had some serious time, money and skill spent on it, I'd say the intire interior, with the exception of the seats and possibly some of the carpeting, is a bespoke, one off, including the dashboard, (it's not a Westfield Contour Dash), obviously photos can be deceptive, but from the pictures, it looks a well planned and nicely executed interior, with plenty of nice, thoughtful touches, and a cohesive integrated design, from either a professional, with a lot of skill and experiance, or an owner with a real eye for it and a lot of natural talent.

Once upon a time, I'd have only looked at fuel injected V8's on an ecu; then I got to regularly hear Andrew's carb fed car, (and drive it), as big a fan of modern injection etc as I am, if going V8, I neeeeeeeeeeeeed Andrew's carb fed soundtrack, gives you goosebumps at 50 metres, like nothing else!

As I’m way out of touch,

thoughts please?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143605117239

My old Zetec engine was on twin Webber’s and if you timber the gear changes right you could get a decent burble from the exhaust and s blue flame looked cool in the Peak District I lived in derby then.

oh on a Q plate so I’m aware what this is about.

Hi Paul

I have had two V8’s a 3.5 and 4.6 both on four barrel carbs, the 3.5 on a Holley and the 4.6 on a Weber 500. No expert, The car looks great but as many will tell you you have to really get under the skin to know what you’re getting into. but too much to say here of the highs and lows, more than happy To have a proper chat. If you pm me @GarethHD with your phone number we can take it from there.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, GarethHD said:

Hi Paul

I have had two V8’s a 3.5 and 4.6 both on four barrel carbs, the 3.5 on a Holley and the 4.6 on a Weber 500. No expert, The car looks great but as many will tell you you have to really get under the skin to know what you’re getting into. but too much to say here of the highs and lows, more than happy To have a proper chat. If you pm me @GarethHD with your phone number we can take it from there.

My old Zetec engine was on twin Webber’s and if you timber the gear changes right you could get a decent burble from the exhaust and s blue flame looked cool in the Peak District I lived in derby then.

oh on a Q plate so I’m aware what this is about.

not sure how you pm

07538926973@garethHD

looks like a decent car, that had some money spent on it, so should be worth the price, although I would recommend a drive of something similar the SEIGHT is a different drive, the power cannot always be used all at once, and is maybe not to everyone's taste.....

Nothing wrong with an older version as its cheaper tax, ive had four engines in mine from a 3.5, carb, efi and now 4.6.....there's much more driveability to be hard from injection, as I just hated the  carb version.....the efi will run from cold in all conditions, without problems, but maybe an ungrade for you if you buy it.

Be prepared for being some kind of road outcast......as my neighbours hate mine, as its noisy, even when driven slow, they think your speeding.....car alarms go off and windows shake......but who cares, the adrenalin I get from driving it is amazing.....definite worth it...... 

good luck purchasing.

regards

scott

• Like 1

Hi Paul 

I will send you a message then you can reply etc

9 hours ago, GarethHD said:

Hi Paul 

I will send you a message then you can reply etc

As he's only a trial member, he won't be able to send PM's. He 'may' be able to receive. @V8 Animal as you can above the support you still get from this great club make the small membership fee worthwhile. 

• Like 1

Good morning Ian. Thank you. Yes I sent a pm and we have contact.....I didn’t realise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GarethHD said:

Good morning Ian. Thank you. Yes I sent a pm and we have contact.....I didn’t realise.

Great- thanks for letting me know. P.s. how many Westie’s have you owned? I can count at least 5 👏