Hancock's half hour anyone?

DonPeffers

On 30/06/2020 at 16:24, DonPeffers said:

The MOT comment has me confused.

Bad attempt at car related comedy...

On 30/06/2020 at 16:24, DonPeffers said:

"Hancock told Sky News:

Not the sort of thing I have much faith in... but I'll keep an eye out for the appropriate legislation.

05 jul 2020  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53146360  "Coronavirus: Why Singapore turned to wearable contact-tracing tech"

....being issued very shortly.

Apparently the devices don't log GPS location data or connect to mobile networks, so can't be used for surveillance of a person's movements.

Would it be worth it for a few months to get rid of covid?

_113218646_singapore_tag_tracing_system_

On 24/05/2020 at 17:35, Arm said:

Putting aside the claims of completed tests which does sound incorrect. Around 350000 people who wanted and screamed for the tests have not done them despite having the kit. Am I reading that correctly ?

It gets worse.

07 jul 2020   https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12049981/coronavirus-test-results-missing-uk-2-5million/  

"Mystery as 2.5million coronavirus test results go missing in the UK, shock figures reveal"

10.65million coronavirus tests delivered in the UK but only just over 8million have been processed, figures put out by health officials yesterday showed.

The gulf will fuel concerns that Brits are ordering tests and not returning them or that kits have gone missing in the post.

My question: is someone selling these kits on and how much are they each?

Perhaps people are getting the test swabs so they can test themselves immediatly if they feel ill. (possibly ignoring the fact the swabs have a shelf life)

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Some Scottish tests turned up unexpectedly.

08 jul 2020  https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5789568/coronavirus-test-samples-found-a9-highlands/

"Coronavirus Scotland: Bag of Covid-19 samples found at side of A9 by passerby as NHS Highland launch probe"

"A bag full of coronavirus test samples has been found at the side of a road in the Highlands.

The Covid-19 kits were spotted by a member of the public on the A9 near Tain."