Hancock's half hour anyone?

DonPeffers

2 hours ago, Blatman said:

So having been around people and tested positive these folks are going to go anf find all these people, meet up AGAIN and hand over a potentially contaminated piece of hardware?

Or am I missing something?

Nope , that makes perfect sense given recent history !

Singapore with a population density of 8358 people per Km2 (about 19 times that of UK) seems to have a fair idea what there are doing judging by  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/singapore/

Coronavirus Cases:  41,833   Deaths: 26.

Socially distanced collection and decontamination of dongle won't be beyond their abilities.

3 hours ago, DonPeffers said:

Singapore

Is pretty much a police state - so they can probably do whatever they want without anybody having a say in it (broad sweeping strokes kind of statement 😁)

As a bonus any Public schoolboys missing caning can get that service applied to bare buttocks in Singapore for fairly trivial offences🤨

I decided against and went for a Singapore sling in the long bar at Raffles.... and the peanuts.

New settings appeared in my iPhone 

396F6939-0298-4514-B60C-88D3E1EAF9F3.jpeg

this is part of the new Apple Google thing apparently. 

Yeah on my android too. Apparently won't be active unless a linked app is installed?

23 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Yeah on my android too. Apparently won't be active unless a linked app is installed?

True. There's lots of unrest doing the rounds on Facebook at the moment due to the app being "sneaked in without permission", but it is useless without any kind of tracing app to activate it. Allegedly.... 

On 21/06/2020 at 22:34, Steve (sdh2903) said:

And it is “off” by default. 

• Like 1

Very good.

On 21/06/2020 at 22:34, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Got a Pixel 1 and a Pixel 2 XL and I don't have this on either of them...

Big rise in covid cases in Leicester using data in the 14 days up to 23 June 2020.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/30/leicester-lockdown-extension-law-change-matt-hancock-coronavirus

"Leicester lockdown extension will mean change in law, Hancock says."

"Enforcing an extension to the Leicester lockdown will mean changes to the law, Matt Hancock has said.

The city is the first place in England to reintroduce restrictive measures to try to stop the spread of coronavirus after 950 cases were reported in a two-week period.

Non-essential shops and schools have been asked to close and people advised to stay at home as much as possible. The health secretary said that in some cases the local lockdown would be enforced by police.

Hancock told Sky News: “We will be bringing forward a legal change very shortly, in the next couple of days, because some of the measures that we’ve unfortunately had to take in Leicester will require a legal underpinning."

“We will be making the legal change so non-essential retail is no longer open.”

"Asked if people from Leicester will simply drive to other locations to go to pubs and restaurants this weekend when they open in the rest of the country, Hancock said: “We’re recommending against all but essential travel both to and from and within Leicester, and as we saw during the peak, the vast majority of people will abide by these rules."

"The cases in the city are three times higher per head of population than the next nearest place."

1 hour ago, DonPeffers said:

The health secretary said that in some cases the local lockdown would be enforced by police.

And which particular law will they be enforcing? Advisories are not enforceable, even on an MOT!!!

2 hours ago, Blatman said:

And which particular law will they be enforcing? Advisories are not enforceable, even on an MOT!!!

In my post above it states   "Hancock told Sky News: “We will be bringing forward a legal change very shortly, in the next couple of days, because some of the measures that we’ve unfortunately had to take in Leicester will require a legal underpinning."

The MOT comment has me confused.