On the look out

Turbo_Jimmy

1 hour ago, shrops-paul said:

limited slip diff = with the back end off the ground, rotaing one wheel means the other rotates in the same direction right? rather then the opposite direction?

Pretty sure there are certain types of LSD that behave differently to the “norm” and thus it’s not a “guaranteed” means of identifying an open diff (ie if it contra rotates then normally it’s open, but not always! But rotating same way is an lsd)

Allegedly 😁

of course I could be talking tosh as usual 🤪

• Like 1

As Chris said, usually, yes, but some don't!

i have never driven a car hard on it with a lsd and found it harder to control and spit me off..  id say its lovely and progressive, and the most important predictable...  i guess its all in the car set up..

i know if i go ito a corner and give it beans i can come out in a wonderful slide.. 

i know what you mean tho, give it some beans and dont know what you are doing with a bit of slide you could rotate teh car   .  i guess you could describe it as very predictable  and way more playfull...  id rather knoe excatly what my car is going to do and how it behaves..  even  more so on damp roads ..

i woudl buy a car without one unless it wa sgoing to be my very first mod...  they are that much fun.. to me in my opinion anyway

17 minutes ago, andyj007 said:

i have never driven a car hard on it with a lsd and found it harder to control and spit me off..  id say its lovely and progressive, and the most important predictable...  i guess its all in the car set up..

i know if i go ito a corner and give it beans i can come out in a wonderful slide.. 

i know what you mean tho, give it some beans and dont know what you are doing with a bit of slide you could rotate teh car   .  i guess you could describe it as very predictable  and way more playfull...  id rather knoe excatly what my car is going to do and how it behaves..  even  more so on damp roads ..

i woudl buy a car without one unless it wa sgoing to be my very first mod...  they are that much fun.. to me in my opinion anyway

How often do you get to drive like that on the road though?

Assuming you don’t live in Milton Keynes. 

to be honest made, i deliberately get the back out all the time on damp/cold roads,  2nd or 3rd gear 30-40mph feather the throttle on / off slow speed slide control. . some beautiful mid corner  drifts that you can see far ahead, an on country roads,  its just so easy  its so much fun and adds to the dimension,  on the road playing like this is way safer than driving fast..  just a litlte slide draggin it out, not a full beans sideways full on smoking drift at 70mph through the housing estate .. with the not so good tr1 tyres on the back, you can go out and play and come back feeling like fighter pilot.. its that forgiving..  its like fast go karts at buckmore pk, you jump in them you know EXACTLY what they will do and how they react to opposite lock..  my westy is like that...  predictable.. set up perfectly , the steering could be a little quicker mind..   plus if youre lucky enough to have or find a nice big car park,  put. couple of cones down and have a go at drifting if thats your thing...

were all different and enjoy these Wonderfull little cars ..

i built my car to do this, it was my inspiration,  i have more hp and torque , in a nicer engineered car iMO..  id struggle to do this without a lsd..  i think....  i will let you know if i can actually do it with an LSD once tracks open....  LOL...

cracking video non the less 

e

• Like 1