Brakes - Front & Rear

MegaBoosta

Westfield-branded, Bremsport Aluminium 4-piston calipers - M16 replacement for Westfield Aluminium uprights

Braided hoses (clear coated) with stainless fittings to suit widetrack wishbones

Siltech Racing drilled discs with integral 20-tooth trigger wheels, perfect for high-resolution traction and/or launch control

£250 plus postage - SOLD

Sierra rear calipers with handbrake cable

Westfield-supplied braided hoses to suit widetrack wishbones (2311007)

£75 plus postage - SOLD

Brake pad sets to suit the above combination:

Performance Friction 01 (front) + Performance Friction 97 (rear) - £80 plus postage - SOLD

All used to great effect in sprints, but are simply staggering on a trackday - it would take something very serious to out-brake you!

IMG_20200229_224241-01.jpeg

IMG_20200229_152857-01.jpeg

IMG_20200229_153648-01.jpeg

IMG_20200229_153825-01.jpeg

I think I know the answer to these two questions (still on a steep learning curve...)

1. As these are M16 replacements, does it mean they will also fit Sierra uprights? (I'm fairly sure the Sierra calipers are M16 - correct me if I'm wrong)
  2. Will they require a different master cylinder?

I'm determined to lose some weight from somewhere - mostly my wallet....

4 minutes ago, NigelO said:

I think I know the answer to these two questions (still on a steep learning curve...)

1. As these are M16 replacements, does it mean they will also fit Sierra uprights? (I'm fairly sure the Sierra calipers are M16 - correct me if I'm wrong)
  2. Will they require a different master cylinder?

I'm determined to lose some weight from somewhere - mostly my wallet....

sorry @NigelO these only fit the Westfield upright which is based on the Cortina one, not Sierra. If you really want to dent your wallet buy some nice Siltech billet uprights and hubs, you can then fit these nice brakes!

12 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

sorry @NigelO these only fit the Westfield upright which is based on the Cortina one, not Sierra. If you really want to dent your wallet buy some nice Siltech billet uprights and hubs, you can then fit these nice brakes!

Thanks Ian - I thought so

TBH, the chance of work (and salary) drying up over the next few months really means I should be raising money, not spending it,so I guess this is a lucky escape.

However, at the risk of going off-topic, if the M16 caliper fits my uprights, why won't M16 replacement calipers fit?

Yep, sorry, as Ian said, the Sierra didn’t use an M16 fit. There are Sierra fit callipers available from Willwood, or @Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO has gone the whole hog, replacing his Sierra parts with stock Westfied and Cortina fit parts.

54 minutes ago, NigelO said:

the M16 caliper fits my uprights

Not Sierra uprights I’m afraid. 

@RussH m16 replacment :yellow-westy:

12 minutes ago, syman84 said:

@RussH m16 replacment :yellow-westy:

That’s why I was asking you yesterday about my uprights...

Luckily, i‘ve already upgraded, I found some decent uprights and brake setup in the garage, attached to a megablade.

• Haha 2

Front set-up and Performance Friction pads now sold

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.