STAY HOME

tex

Wow, sobering thought but very well executed and written.

To excuse the pun "it deserves to go viral".

I had a 4 wheel drive police car pull up behind me this morning at the traffic lights, I was driving the Westfield on my way to work, it followed me for a couple of miles and then turned off. I have been given a letter by the company that I work for to show to police should I get stopped and I carry my security pass with my photo on. One of the cleaners got stopped yesterday afternoon on her way in to work too. 

7 minutes ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

I had a 4 wheel drive police car pull up behind me this morning at the traffic lights, I was driving the Westfield on my way to work, it followed me for a couple of miles and then turned off. I have been given a letter by the company that I work for to show to police should I get stopped and I carry my security pass with my photo on. One of the cleaners got stopped yesterday afternoon on her way in to work too. 

Wow, that's a hell of a Police Pursuit Driver, if he can catch you 😉 Given how you normally pedal round the Peaks!  

• Haha 1

Driving Miss Daisy mode today, don't want any accidents or breakdowns, being very careful especially as the roads are so quiet and you could go sooooohhhh fast if you didn't put your mind to it.

Regarding Furlough, its a great gesture by the Govt BUT the money still has to be paid out first by the company, and then claimed back - no portal for application to get the money back is up and running yet and the timescale is still in doubt too....

With the recent self employed gesture in addition, this is only going to slow down the process further.....this is an extremely difficult time for any business and a large number of businesses give a living to many people with out necessarily making a fortune for their owners.... 

Its during a time like this that we should all appreciate how lucky we are - free to go and do pretty much what we want and when we want, and its a shame that too many people are still taking the pi55 walking dogs miles from home after driving there, bike rides of 20 miles etc, sports bikes congregating on petrol forecourts etc when in all honesty, all of us want to do things we enjoy but KNOW WE SHOULDN'T currently - why do these people think they are more deserving than the rest of us - selfish IMHO...

Stay safe and well everyone, and hope we all get through this....

Mart. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AdamR said:

I dunno if we should let it spread, looking at the data it's tough to call, and the spread is hard to control. Viruses mutate and this one is no exception - the more people it infects, the more mutations, and the harder it is to stop / slow down.

It's an almost impossible judgement call at the moment but will become easier as we get more data.

Too much lock down and the immunity does not build and the population tire and economic consequences become more serious and impacting.  Too little and you get panic and swamped medical care.  

The risk is if left to peoples interpretation it won't be managed well and that is what is probably happening at the moment. My sense is that the economic impacts are already much greater than the government have forecast / wanted. I think we will look back and conclude that the 80% for employees will be seen as a bit too generous and will have  accelerated the economic shutdown at a rate quicker than the government wanted. I understand in Germany it is set at 65% for comparison.

The mutation has been seen to have happened already but apparently will not affect immunity or vaccine development.

Whatever happens stay safe and united. 

• Like 1

It’s can’t be long till we see total lockdown. No movement anywhere 

One thing is for sure it’s much quieter. The a34 was practically empty at 4.30 

8 minutes ago, dombanks said:

It’s can’t be long till we see total lockdown. No movement anywhere 

One thing is for sure it’s much quieter. The a34 was practically empty at 4.30 

I would be very surprised if we see total lockdown.

how would you cope with food deliveries given that the supermarkets at the moment cannot deliver until mid April?

so you employ more delivery drivers which means more people on the road and therefore more people out and about defeating the entire object of the exercise and it goes the same for medical deliveries as well

6 minutes ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

I would be very surprised if we see total lockdown.

how would you cope with food deliveries given that the supermarkets at the moment cannot deliver until mid April?

so you employ more delivery drivers which means more people on the road and therefore more people out and about defeating the entire object of the exercise and it goes the same for medical deliveries as well

I agree but I fear the way some people are behaving will force it other than absolute essential journeys that you will need permission for.  I’m not sure how they would enforce it if they did. 

interestingly the mrs has had emails from supermarkets encouraging you to go and observe all of the distancing etc they have put in place if you are able in order to free up delivery slots for those who need them

Well I am sure that some our regular doom mongers here will soon add their opinions 

Our lockdown has finished the week with the substation down the road tripping and now we have all lost power. SSE on the way.

Pandemic and candles, looking more like a movie.

1 hour ago, Alan France said:

Our lockdown has finished the week with the substation down the road tripping and now we have all lost power. SSE on the way.

Just you wait Someone will blame the power cut on:

1) Trump

2) The Chinese

3) The coronavirus

4) Another daft conspiracy theory

Have to blame the substation, big bang and a smell like it’s upset. Turns out to be terminal and we now have an HGV generator. Power came on at 02:30. Anyone have a 34 house substation in stock?

if it was the Chinese who will be next?

11 hours ago, Alan France said:

My new toy - been wanting an excuse to buy one for ages 😁

D4152DDD-1F75-4B01-951E-9E059F2EEC09.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

My new toy - been wanting an excuse to buy one for ages 😁

D4152DDD-1F75-4B01-951E-9E059F2EEC09.jpeg

That's nice Chris but it's not on the same level as my new er second hand toy😂

Only trouble it's still in the post😂

Tony 

Screenshot_20200328-082126_eBay.jpg