Croft March 9th Javelin

TAFKARM

7 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I don’t possess any imperial spanners either 

I think I've got a 1/4 socket and spanner.. will dig them out.

..just checked.. they were already in the toolbox. :yes:

• Like 1

If it’s Sierra rears, the handbrake wasn’t pulled on at all, before bleeding was it? Any movement in the handbrakes auto adjust system, from distant memory can result in excess pedal travel and make the system a pig to bleed.

Might be worth packing a wind back tool just in case? Wind the rear adjusters right the way back in again, then re-bleed before touching the hand brake?

(apologies if you’ve already been all through this.)

12 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

If it’s Sierra rears, the handbrake wasn’t pulled on at all, before bleeding was it? Any movement in the handbrakes auto adjust system, from distant memory can result in excess pedal travel and make the system a pig to bleed.

Might be worth packing a wind back tool just in case? Wind the rear adjusters right the way back in again, then re-bleed before touching the hand brake?

(apologies if you’ve already been all through this.)

Thanks for the heads up Dave, I did know that you had to bleed it before applying the handbrake and was careful not to use it. However, it might be wise to start from scratch just in case!

Will pack the tool 👍

It’s a long time since I fitted Sierra calipers, but I seem to remember ending up accidentally operating the handbrake on one, just by mauling about trying to get the handbrake cable hooked up, before I’d bled them.

29 minutes ago, RussH said:

This is a good club. 

And as a reward ...

DAE97836-1123-443B-A707-D649A28F153A.png

2 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Thanks for the heads up Dave, I did know that you had to bleed it before applying the handbrake and was careful not to use it. However, it might be wise to start from scratch just in case!

Had exactly the same issue but with golf calipers. Very careful not to operate but couldn't get a pedal. Wound them back and bled up perfectly. As you say the sierra ones a bit awkward where the bleed nipple is.

Well done chaps for the wscc assistance. Hope you have a good day!

18 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Well done chaps for the wscc assistance. Hope you have a good day!

The club came to the rescue - helped me bleed the brakes (so much easier with two people!) and after the car had an “Italian tune” all was well. 

The difference the changes to my car have made is night and day! I’m not sure if the the 13” wheels, the r888r’s, the rear geometry change or the fresh Geo by @Plays-Kool - but the car is just lovely! No more fighting the twitchy/nervous rear end as it  threatens to step out whenever you push it. Just a lovely “planted” feel. 

very, very happy!

although I did lose an arch... But we budged it back on for the afternoon session. 

B17311DF-7E15-4437-B6A4-61E3171F32F5.jpeg698EA698-6343-41E5-87B9-B1B595F7F1EF.jpegD1E2C58A-6874-414A-A5F1-BDA15D646316.jpeg3E4792E4-28C8-44C8-9E10-68AA37F5F298.jpeg

• Like 1

Well, .. not the best day at Croft I've ever done. 😉 Lots of race teams, Ginetta Juniors that should have been at school, and a smattering of supercars.

I didn't have a problem with the racers during my stints, but came across a couple of proper knobheads that just didn't want to pull over .. both ends of the motoring scale, a Civic and an Aston. 

Tbh, when I saw the paddock my expectations weren't high, and I did manage to get some clear track now and again.. so wasn't hugely disappointed.

Weather not too bad.. dry in the morning with rain showing up about 3-30pm .. bit on the cool side mind. 

Will get some vid put together soon.

And we did get a train going.. all be it a very brief one.

1916154126_Crofttrain9-3-20.jpg.9e959327bda697b83e72e5a9e9abfc36.jpg

Doh!  I've got that side spare after my little mishap with a truck a year ago, should you want to replace it...

6 minutes ago, Quinten said:

Doh!  I've got that side spare after my little mishap with a truck a year ago, should you want to replace it...

Ooooh yes please!!!

16 minutes ago, Andrew said:

And we did get a train going.. all be it a very brief one

Yes one lap and red flag. 

I reckon I must have got very lucky today. I managed to get in quite a few sessions with clear track. 

I agree the race teams did act a bit poorly and there were more than few tricked out cars that turned into driving miss Daisy on the corners!