Most Annoying New Car Features.

SootySport

So far just about every driver aid has its ‘Haters’ except ABS which I think works fine as well on a road car.

I also don’t see the point in tyre repair kits as I know not of a single person that has cured a puncture with them. Everyone seems to drive with a flat tyre straight a tyre shop only to be told they have to buy a new tyre 😀

Wide low profile tyres that cant cope with a couple of inches of snow! Daughter's Beemer stuck up the road somewhere this morning. 😞 

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Wide low profile tyres that cant cope with a couple of inches of snow! Daughter's Beemer stuck up the road somewhere this morning. 😞 

My driveway being gravel swallows BMW's wholesale even 4wd versions😎

I have always had a nervousness about heated seats, all stems back to a Volvo company car I used during the late seventies. These seats were automatically controlled and you couldn't turn them off, they would only activate after the seat had achieved about 10 degrees(warmed by your freezing behind) then fry you until crisp and golden at about 25 degrees(often afraid that it wasn't going to turn off). Travelling about 60k miles per year really damaged me😱

On 10/02/2020 at 15:15, Andrew said:

BMW indicators! I've two 335s in the family that I occasionally have to drive. Do you need to go on a course or something to learn how to operate them? 

After ages getting pi%%ed off with them in the menus it’s possible to switch off one touch.    Although something else I found which is more useful is to cancel don’t flick the switch back to centre.. if turning left cancel by flicking left again and it cancels.    At worst you’ll stay indicating the same way.   It’s a lot better that indicating all over the place.   

On 14/02/2020 at 08:18, DamperMan said:

After ages getting pi%%ed off with them in the menus it’s possible to switch off one touch.    Although something else I found which is more useful is to cancel don’t flick the switch back to centre.. if turning left cancel by flicking left again and it cancels.    At worst you’ll stay indicating the same way.   It’s a lot better that indicating all over the place.   

Every time I read something about BMW indicators, I lose faith in the humanity. Significantly. Our capacity to adapt is pretty much near to none. Not specifically for Damperman, nor the previous poster, but for the WHOLE humanity that actually complains about them. Its a cry out loud saying "its different I don't know what to do".

The fact is THE DESIGN is friking brilliant. In this case the problem is the population, not the product (yes, I'm serious).

Single touch does not need to be canceled. Will self cancel after 3 blinks. However, if you still wish to cancell the single touch, a single flick on any direction, will cancell it. the problem is when you try to cancell the single touch after the 3 blinks. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO CANCEL?? IS ALREADY OVER!!!

Then, same bussines with the double click. A single flick to any direction will manually turn off the indicator. If you flick it too heavilly to the other direction (double click), will start to indicate to the other side... duhhh??? like any other mecanical indicator.

Oh. You can also hold the single touch in the non lock position, and will cancell as soon as you release.

We are, as especie comdemned to the extintion and join the dinousaurs.

Automotive engineer Rant Off.

😂😛

• Like 3

My McLaren is the same as that. It's so much better than the 'other' system on my van (VW) which would leave you blinking all over the place if you tried to cancel after less than 3 flashes!

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 10:02, Snags said:

My driveway being gravel swallows BMW's wholesale even 4wd versions😎

I hate driveways that resemble a beach,   stones constantly thrown on to the road causing a hazard to other road users.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, maurici said:

I read something about BMW indicators

To be honest I still believe it's a hoax. I'm yet to see a german car signalling its will to change lane or direction to all those lesser people around.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nice_guy said:

To be honest I still believe it's a hoax. I'm yet to see a german car signalling its will to change lane or direction to all those lesser people around.

Then you have not followed me good sire.

I have received many chastisations stating that I wasn't in the mould of the usual BMWer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nice_guy said:

The whole point of my rant was meant to cover the fact that i have no clue where the indicator lever is in my beemer. You got me.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SootySport said:

I hate driveways that resemble a beach,   stones constantly thrown on to the road causing a hazard to other road users.

Not me your Honour, drive slopes down from road😱. If it was flat or down to the road I would expect even a BMW to get out lol.

On 11/02/2020 at 22:31, SootySport said:

I also don’t see the point in tyre repair kits as I know not of a single person that has cured a puncture with them. Everyone seems to drive with a flat tyre straight a tyre shop only to be told they have to buy a new tyr

Repaired quite a few tyres on the bike and in the car. BUT it's the type of repair kit that's the key. I have had cars with puncture repair kits and whilst the tools and gas cannisters are useful, the plugs are not. I use Crafty Pluggers instead. Have done for years. A sniff over 4000 miles was the most longest lived :o 

Done right they don't ruin the tyre and a proper repair can be effected.