Most Annoying New Car Features.

SootySport

36 minutes ago, jeff oakley said:

Dashboards that are lit up when not dark. This means that dumb people forget to turn on their lights.

Automatic lights. Dumb people assume they work 100% accurately but when it is foggy but bright they do not. So no lights.

Info screens that have several functions and use touch things, what was wrong with a button switch?

Zoned heating and climate control, it is a small box, what you do on your side is irrelevant as the wholde car is soon the same temperature

Need I say more?

1 hour ago, jeff oakley said:

Dashboards that are lit up when not dark. This means that dumb people forget to turn on their lights.

Automatic lights. Dumb people assume they work 100% accurately but when it is foggy but bright they do not. So no lights.

Info screens that have several functions and use touch things, what was wrong with a button switch?

Zoned heating and climate control, it is a small box, what you do on your side is irrelevant as the wholde car is soon the same temperature

That reminds me.... when I bought the A4 the big boobed dolly bird was telling me about the 3 zones for the climate control system.... I asked why isn’t the boot a fourth zone... she said why? My reply had the sales manger crying with laughter... she was completely baffled.... all I said was that’s where I keep my victims, I’d like them to be comfortable too...... 

On 08/02/2020 at 16:08, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

My vote goes to ANY so called “feature” you can’t turn off until you then choose to turn back on again. 

BMW stop start.... 

4 hours ago, Nemesis said:

That reminds me.... when I bought the A4 the big boobed dolly bird was telling me about the 3 zones for the climate control system.... I asked why isn’t the boot a fourth zone... she said why? My reply had the sales manger crying with laughter... she was completely baffled.... all I said was that’s where I keep my victims, I’d like them to be comfortable too...... 

I didn’t realise the A4 was available in 1974. 

9 hours ago, RussH said:

I didn’t realise the A4 was available in 1974. 

It wasn’t, and neither was this....

D6B3E0BB-934A-44DD-B593-992DBAE04A2F.png

Loads

if they dont fail, when they work add nothing to the driving experience

auto handbrake in a car with not enough power to release it

Auto dipping headlights that never come back on fast enough, or come on randomly in traffic queues!

Emergency braking radar thats triggered by manhole covers

Auto wipers that need a monsoon to just adopt intermittent mode

but worst, and you see them everywhere, DRLs that make people think they have all their lights on

30 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

It wasn’t, and neither was this....

D6B3E0BB-934A-44DD-B593-992DBAE04A2F.png

I’m hardly a snowflake, I just don’t think that needlessly commenting on the size of a woman’s tits reflects very well on the club, it’s embarrassing. 

how would you feel if a stranger called your wife “The sage with the big tits?”.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RussH said:

I’m hardly a snowflake, I just don’t think that needlessly commenting on the size of a woman’s tits reflects very well on the club, it’s embarrassing. 

how would you feel if a stranger called your wife “The sage with the big tits?”.

Well I thought my thread was quite innocuous, based on my experience of dealing with a salesperson who didn’t know the product and had no technical appreciation of what they were selling and was dressed as inappropriately as possible for a car dealership, furthermore my thread didn’t name anyone or anywhere, so quite how unlike your reply it reflects badly on the club I’m at a loss to see.

I have yet to be convinced DRLs are of real value.  There will come a point where practically all cars on the road will be post-2014 and therefore have DRLs.  At that point, the cars that will stand out to drivers are the few without.DRL.

But yeah... stop/start or vice versa, voice recognition which works about 25% of the time, and cars with no spare wheel in order to reduce weight and increase mileage but leave you stranded if the puncture is bad enough.

BMW indicators! I've two 335s in the family that I occasionally have to drive. Do you need to go on a course or something to learn how to operate them? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

BMW indicators! I've two 335s in the family that I occasionally have to drive. Do you need to go on a course or something to learn how to operate them? 

If you think your life is pointless, just remember that BMW paid someone to design their indicators! 😁

• Like 1

Not sure weight can be classed as a feature but lardy cars are now the norm and I yearn for cars like the original 70's Golf at about 760kg.

Enjoyed last night's Top Gear and the Peru trip. The 2.4 ton electric Porsche wasn't for me notwithstanding the £140k price tag.

32 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Having joined the ranks of BMW ownership, I can sympathise with all those drivers who don't use the indicators.  Easy enough to switch on, bl**** difficult to cancel without indicating the opposite way, and then the other way again, confusing everyone.  Terrible.  Still, I try to make a point of indicating everywhere to demonstrate that some BMW drivers do use their indicators....   sometimes with the regrettable consequences outlined above 😄

• Haha 1

Bmw autowipers... fine except they deleted intermittent... Grrr

Electric boot making life very slow. 

No spare tyre, as a result of pointless run flats. 

Timing chains on the wrong end of the engine (BMW)

Manual 6 speed gearboxes.. engines have more torque and a wider range of useful revs than ever. Constant gear changing or  skipping a few on the way up/down

Keyless entry for thieves.

One touch indicators

To be honest it’s quicker to write the list of what I do like...ABS...  

Adaptive cruise in my mondeo.....you have to pull out to overtake about two miles out any traffic in your lane.

If you don't it whacks the brakes on. Often just when your pulling out.