Croft Weds 30th October

Kingster

Was talking to the guy that caused the red flag at the end of the day.  His Haynes Mazda turbo caught fire.. so as they say in the briefing, he stopped at the next marshals post, flames licking out of a bonnet vent.. I laughed when he said they didn't mention in the briefing that you have

to wake the marshal up! :oops:

He got off lightly. Fire was caused by the dip stick popping out allowing oil onto the turbo. Luckily the wiring all survived and he drove the car back into the paddock.

Yes great day, piped down in the afternoon for First track day in Bog House Blue - car ran well, roll on spring. Few closures & everyone behaved. 

Simon

28 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Was talking to the guy that caused the red flag at the end of the day.  His Haynes Mazda turbo caught fire.. so as they say in the briefing, he stopped at the next marshals post, flames licking out of a bonnet vent.. I laughed when he said they didn't mention in the briefing that you have

to wake the marshal up! :oops:

He got off lightly. Fire was caused by the dip stick popping out allowing oil onto the turbo. Luckily the wiring all survived and he drove the car back into the paddock.

due to the pcv valve not working correctly apparently. pressurising the head hence the dipstick popping out. apprently it happend a few times according to the book of faces a few unhappy people were saying

6 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

apprently it happend a few times according to the book of faces a few unhappy people were saying

I think he caused two red flags towards the end of the day with the same issue. If he did more than that then he really should have not been allowed on after the second occurrence - and I'm surprised he went out again after the first!

But we didn’t seem to lose too much track time - I certainly had as much time on track as I wanted and hardly had to queue. 

Great day!

41 minutes ago, Rossins said:

Yes great day, piped down in the afternoon for First track day in Bog House Blue - car ran well, roll on spring. Few closures & everyone behaved. 

Simon

Boghouse got the cover shot on the Javelin photo album 😁

5DCEAF50-9A94-4418-B167-3754D0A6778C.jpeg

• Like 2

First vid from me:

A session from the morning, when half the track was still muddy.. Chasing after the same guy in the MNR I was chasing at Teesside a few weeks back. Unfortunately the camera died in mid chase. :down:

4 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Better version of my flame thrower 😁

That's a cracker.. literally! 😎

3 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Better version of my flame thrower 😁

Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 12.49.52.png 

I didn't know a westie could be used to toast muffins.

11 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Boghouse got the cover shot on the Javelin photo album 😁

5DCEAF50-9A94-4418-B167-3754D0A6778C.jpeg

@W Shep

• Like 1