Croft Weds 30th October

Kingster

Busy printing a new ram mount adapter for the mobile (cough Harry’s lap timer) - got a new 64gb SD card and bought a better roll bar mount for the GoPro. 

no excuses 🤣

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

What time you assuming to arrive @Andrew?

Probably about 8 ish. I'll wait for you if you're not there before me before unloading, so we should be able to get parked up together?

My day's report.. As I said, above, my car just didn't feel like starting first thing. It was pretty cold 2deg? Plugged in the big battery, and even jump leads off the tow car failed to get it running. After a failed bump starting too, I swapped the plugs for some nice dry ones. Brrrrraaaaapppp! :yes:

There'd been a rallycross meeting at Croft last weekend, and the track from Clervaux through to the chicane was basically mud! The circuit staff had a sweeper running first thing, but I think spraying water on it didn't do much for grip. So most of the morning the circuit was in two halves. First bit slippery as hell, and the rest pretty much OK after the damp patches dried out a bit.

The day was fully booked, but tbh, didn't seem too packed on track.. queues were fairly short, and I didn't notice too many red flags. It really thinned out in the late afternoon, and I got some decent lappage in. :)

My car was going fairly well, but a couple of times when I got back in, there was a bit of coolant blown out of the header tank. I've been suspecting the head gasket's got a slight leak, pressurising the cooling system for a while now, but I think it's pretty much nailed on now. Will have to get the head off and investigate. I tried the last session restricting the revs to 6000 and it seemed to hold its water, so the day wasn't ruined.

Was well jealous of Chris's flame show. Unfortunately the gopro pushes the action away a bit, but I'll try to include some flameage in a vid at some point. Hopefully the photographer may have caught some flamey shots. 😎

It's hard to freeze the action just as it pops! 

824318057_CKFlames.jpg.50a9e9dc64ca8f2f2726fadacd3f5617.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Was well jealous of Chris's flame show. Unfortunately the gopro pushes the action away a bit, but I'll try to include some flameage in a vid at some point. Hopefully the photographer may have caught some flamey shots. 😎

Didn’t realise my car did this until everyone kept telling me how cool it looked  🤣 Awesome 😁

Yup. Was a cracking track day. Really enjoyed this one. Will try and sort some vids out soon 👍🔥

• Like 2