Peak District Breakfast Run Out, Sat 5 Oct

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet briefly at Sainsbury's Matlock, DE4 3SP at 10am for a quick gather together before taking a whole 2 mile drive for breakfast. From there we will go a run around the Peak District chasing slices of cake. The current forecast is good, so fingers crossed I will not have to cancel this one. Who is coming?

MENU IS BELOW HAVE A SIR JOSEPH IF YOU DARE

DSC09802.JPG.e44e568746db6845dd42817eda5bbcdb.JPG

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that @Andy Westwood and Sue are not coming, it is good to keep friends that eat larger slices of cake than I do, then I don't look so piggy 😁

Speaking of piggy @AndrewBClarke I will be ordering my first ever Eggy Bread, after having to ask Glen what it actually is first, so the Black Pudding will fit nicely on my plate with that, thank you. (piggy refers to black pudding and not Andrew btw)

The eating plan for the day is to fill up on breakfast, then drive until we have made enough room for cake (presuming no-one will want lunch as such) then drop in at a suitable cafe. The route plan has changed about 3 times over the last day but at the moment we will go for the great driving roads around Curbar Gap and Owler Bar before heading West, into the depths of lovliness supplied by the Peak District. The good news is that the weather is still forecast dry.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Westfield Parts Dept said:

@Julie Hall - Peak District AO next year when your doing a breakfast run, give me a shout. I may be tempted to come up for food :) 

You'll get more than that. We'll insist on driving you round and showing you the sights too :praise:

• Like 2

@Julie Hall - Peak District AO Eggy bread is fantastic - especially with lashings of tomato sauce! I haven't had it for years as it doesn't cook on an AGA as you need to fry cook.

Missing a meal?  Not sure that is a good plan!  I become a diva if not topped up with food on a regular basis :)

If you want my black pudding you’ll need to sit closer to me than Glen otherwise he might nick it. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Yep!  See you in Matlock :)

Depending on eating plans for the rest of the day, I’ll have a Sir Joseph if you have the black pudding!

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary - you coming? Owe you a breakfast for sorting out my cables!!

Might see if I can make it over for a bit, probably not be able to stay the whole run, but be good to get the Westfield out.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Might see if I can make it over for a bit, probably not be able to stay the whole run, but be good to get the Westfield out.

Which one blue or red? 

Just now, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

Which one, blue or red? 

Hi Julie, obviously we’re not going to make it😝 but OMG you’ve never had Eggy bread!! You need to get out more 😂 if you eat enough of it , it will keep your fingers warm!! Take care and see you soon luv Andy and Becky( from somewhere nice and warm) xx

• Haha 1