Clan McWesty Rannoch Station run Sat 20th July

Kirmodawn1

5 cars already planned for a run to Rannoch Station on Saturday 20th July (may change to Sunday depending on weather). Medium to fast pace expected. Meeting point will be car park in Aberfoyle. Time to be confirmed but probably 9-9.30 ish to try to beat the cyclists and tourist traffic. Can also rendezvous at Kilmahog for anyone not wanting to go over Dukes pass or coming from further north. 

This is a run some of us do each year and on a nice day the scenery is stunning. 

The route takes in Dukes pass, Loch Achray, Loch Venacher, Loch Lubnaig, Killin, Loch Tay, Ben Lawers dam (photo opportunity), Kenmore, Keltyburn, Schiehallion, Loch Rannoch, Rannoch Station. Return journey dependent on your home location but generally Tummel Bridge, Loch Tummel, Pitlochry and then your own route home. 

Its a great run run with some amazing scenery and a very nice cafe at Rannoch Station.

Bob

• Like 1

I would like to come. Haven’t done the Dukes pass in my Westy but I can’t think of a better car to do it in.

Looking forward to it.

Hi Bob - Might be able to join you on this one but will probably either meet you somewhere on the way (after Kenmore) or at Rannoch Station. If you can advise on the day and rough times nearer the weekend, that would be great.

Matt

Hi Bob,

I may be able to do this run, but won't know until a few days before. I'll confirm when I can.

Cheers,

Brian.

Thanks guys, 

Alfascozzesi, that's quite a run for you to come from Fort William down to Aberfoyle for a relatively early start. Thanks for making that effort.

Matt, 

no problem, will be nice to see you wherever you join.

Brian, 

Again, if you can make it , that's great and thanks for coming that distance. Spare fuel needed I think!!!

We will keep an eye on the weather forecast. It's changing all the time at the moment.

Bob

We may consider swapping to Sunday if the forecast looks better. We'll  check the forecasts  on Fridayand make a decision then. 

Bob

Sorry, can't do this weekend, we'd postponed some stuff to do Braemar. Have fun.

• Thanks 1

Bob - Apologies, can't make the Saturday (weather looks poor now anyway, Sunday looking better).

Cheers, Matt

• Thanks 1

Can I just say how jealous I am!!!!

We stayed in a cottage on the banks of Loch Rannoch a while back and the roads and scenery are glorious.

But I guess I will have to make do with the flatlands of Essex and our local duck pond :(

42 minutes ago, Kevin (Mr T) said:

Can I just say how jealous I am!!!!

We stayed in a cottage on the banks of Loch Rannoch a while back and the roads and scenery are glorious.

But I guess I will have to make do with the flatlands of Essex and our local duck pond :(

We are very lucky to these places on our doorstep (almost). 

Bob

• Like 1

Have a good run tomorrow folks and I’d be grateful if someone can grab a few pictures and send them to me 

• Thanks 1

Ok. Decision made to go for Saturday. Meeting  at 9am a Aberfoyle and 9.45-10 at Kilmahog. We have 8-10 cars plus anyone from here. 

Brian and Alfascozzesi, hopefully you can make it along. You can message me on 07555 083591

Bob

Still coming. Setting off early but hopefully traffic quiet at that time.

See you in the morning. 

• Thanks 1