Three Sisters Drift Experience Day 24.9.2019

Westfield Chesil Parts Dept

Surely without formally announcing a Southern event it is unfair to state that there is not enough interest to justify running it?

I believe the Southern event would as popular, possibly more so than other events.

I would think that folk would be prepared to travel maybe 100 miles, possibly 150 to attend the event, so if there was only to be one event the Midlands would be a better geographical location for maximum interest and uptake?

Personally I could not justify the 250 miles to to the northern event.

• Like 2

Problem is we have to pre book and pay for a track in advance. If we end up not having the numbers, all the costs are swallowed internally by Westfield. Price of track rental, transportation, cars, fuel and drivers etc.. 

Welcome to running a business :d

Seriously though, I hope you can make this work because it is a good day out.

Perhaps it could be priced at cost to make it more attractive, and mark it down as customer-brand relationship building...

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Westfield Parts Dept said:

Problem is we have to pre book and pay for a track in advance. If we end up not having the numbers, all the costs are swallowed internally by Westfield. Price of track rental, transportation, cars, fuel and drivers etc.. 

Absolutely, I understand the commitment required to make it happen.

But to propose an event is not committing Westfield or any attendees and would therefore simply be gauging interest?

I am confident that most tracks have a dedicated team who can email over a variety of packages from just track hire to full on hospitality events without any commitment.

I am just saying, I think it might be a little premature to suggest an event, without any confirmation of costs and locations, and withdraw it because there is not enough interest.

• Like 2

We put the feelers out in terms of hosting an event especially for WSCC members. We had extremely good interest, which is very much appreciated. Based on that interest, we proposed a date and location up north. We had to wait for the southern event as it's a track we haven't used previously...

Three Sisters Race course was chosen for the northern event, it is a venue we have used previously with great success. As the season is coming to and end we are conscious that the event/s need to happen quickly. To secure the date and track (before another company picks the date and books it), payment was required. 

We have viewed Santa Pod as a suitable venue for the southern event, however as we haven't filled the space for the northern event we cannot therefore commit to another drift day.  If we have minimum 15 participants willing to commit to the Santa Pod (Date to be confirmed - working on it) that can go ahead. At present it's just the northern Three Sisters Racecourse drift day will happen, if the numbers add up. To make Three Sisters event viable minimum numbers of 15 is required to run the day.

Unfortunately if the numbers cannot be confirmed the event would have to be cancelled.

• Like 1

Santa Pod isn't can't really be classed as southern England which is also good 150 mile trip for me and Three Sisters  is 250 miles or more. For me it's not so much the distance but the time it takes to get there and home again which would spoil a great day and it's not practical to stay overnight.

• Like 1

I’ll  be up for Santa Pod ,that’s not far from me and in my opinion fairly central too so should attract good  numbers .

It may be worth creating separate threads for the different venues .

@si_salisbury  

Santa pod is a tick for me if the price is ok and it’s at a weekend.

like other posts it would be good to have some sort of layout of the day before I depart with a sum of money just so that I and others are clear on what we are getting and know what to expect on the day, this might even bring the number up as we know what the layout is.

I would not be happy if I payed and then spent 1hr safety briefing and 2hrs video/classroom 2hrs watching other and then 20 mins seat time.

Hope it all works out 🤞.

Come on lads, I really fancy this let’s get enough to make it happen 👍

170 miles and three hours to get there not putting me off 😁

• Like 1

On 06/09/2019 at 12:45, Westfield Parts Dept said:

We put the feelers out in terms of hosting an event especially for WSCC members. We had extremely good interest, which is very much appreciated. Based on that interest, we proposed a date and location up north. We had to wait for the southern event as it's a track we haven't used previously...

Three Sisters Race course was chosen for the northern event, it is a venue we have used previously with great success. As the season is coming to and end we are conscious that the event/s need to happen quickly. To secure the date and track (before another company picks the date and books it), payment was required. 

We have viewed Santa Pod as a suitable venue for the southern event, however as we haven't filled the space for the northern event we cannot therefore commit to another drift day.  If we have minimum 15 participants willing to commit to the Santa Pod (Date to be confirmed - working on it) that can go ahead. At present it's just the northern Three Sisters Racecourse drift day will happen, if the numbers add up. To make Three Sisters event viable minimum numbers of 15 is required to run the day.

Unfortunately if the numbers cannot be confirmed the event would have to be cancelled.

I would be up for santa pod do long as it is after october 7th.

Good Afternoon All,

Confirming we have enough participants to run the Three Sisters day. thank you to everyone who committed.

Requesting times and full itinerary for the day. I'll send them by email to all who confirmed.

Santa Pod: waiting dates - Will advise a.s.a.p

• Like 5

• Westfield Chesil Parts Dept changed the title to Three Sisters Drift Experience Day 24.9.2019
On 09/09/2019 at 17:07, Westfield Parts Dept said:

Good Afternoon All,

Confirming we have enough participants to run the Three Sisters day. thank you to everyone who committed.

Requesting times and full itinerary for the day. I'll send them by email to all who confirmed.

Santa Pod: waiting dates - Will advise a.s.a.p

Great! Look forward to the email 😄