Sat 25th May, Peak District Run Out, Matlock 10.30am

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

The car survived  cadwell..  I'll be there..  with the annual +1 attendee...

• Like 1

The car is running. See you all tomorrow.

• Like 4

I Julie wondered if it was ok to meet up with you for a run round 

if so we would head down m1 to chesterfield area then across 

is there any ware we could meet up before you get to mat lock area what time and postcode 

thanks john and jaki

will send you pm if not replied in next 30 mins has I will be going to bed early 

@Barnsley John of course you two can join us, it's only 15 mins to Matlock from Chesterfield so we may as well just meet you there

@AndyMM good to see you finally managed to get on the forum, confused me who you were for a minute though

Better do a head count in the morning and change the table booking numbers, not a bad position to be in:yes:

It ended up with 9 cars and 16 people. We had Andy and Sue, Andy and Ann, Andy and Pete (are you keeping up?) Bill, Richard, Trevor and Kirsty, John and Jacky, Michael and Marie meeting us at Sainsburys for a quick take away brew and tyre kick before we set off on the B roads avoiding the Bank Holiday crowds, arriving at the wee stop which also conveniently provided a good photo opportunity. The route was twisty and scenery was excellent.

The nutters did the panorama dance first

DSC08118.JPG

Before I could photograph the real stars of the day

DSC08120.JPG

With Trevors car having just done a meaty trackday at Cadwell last Thursday, John's car being set up remotely by @IanK (Bagpuss) (well done Ian) and Billy's car being the King of Carbs, everyone's car was running well and spirits were high.

The cars

DSC08125.JPG

The drivers

DSC08127.JPG

High roads, twisty roads, cracking scenery and a dynamic TVR car show coming in the opposite direction. I was driving single handed at one point as there were that many TVR's to wave at, the group reckon about 60 cars. 

This is not a picture of them

DSC08135.JPG

We soon arrived at the cafe, slightly early, so thank you and well done to everyone for your promptness today.

The view from the cafe

DSC08139.JPG

The cafe, with Trevor and Kirsty, note Trevor is still smiling from his passenger lap in the Lobster at Cadwell, it sounded like quite a ride!!!

DSC08142.JPG

Bill left us at this point, bye Bill

DSC08140.JPG

I was hemmed in so John and Jacky led us out of the car park

DSC08151.JPG

I was supposed to take the lead from there but the instruction was easy and John carried on, ok? er, no. 'Turn right at the T junction at the end of the road' but in Barnsley language that interprets to 'take any right that you like the look of' to cut a long story short, John and Jacky were found safe and well some hours later. We won't mention it because what happens on a meet stays on a meet.

We all got the the cake stop along a high road with dramatic rock formations and far reaching views

DSC08153.JPG

The cafe, where it was warm enough to sit outside

DSC08159.JPG

and eat cake

DSC08160.JPG

John and Jacky did join us eventually, hooray for sat navs. John is still facing in the wrong direction :oops:

DSC08161.JPG

Great roads, good food, excellent company and what absolutely lovely cars you all have. Thank you for coming today everyone, I hope you have enjoyed it as much as we have.

Some last few photo's from the lunch stop.

Richards car

DSC08141.JPG

John, Andrew and our car

DSC08144.JPG

Andy and Ann's car

DSC08145.JPG

Andy and Sue's car

DSC08147.JPG

DSC08146.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks Julie for another great day. The company was great and the route you planned and the food was great too what more could you ask for😎

I still can't believe they could get 60+ TVR's to work at the same time.

20190525_115634.jpg

20190525_114912.jpg

20190525_114934.jpg

• Like 6

:getmecoat::getmecoat::getmecoat::getmecoat:

• Like 2

Loving the fact that you captured the TVR car show coming in the opposite direction. They were waving more than us at one point.

Thanks for taking the time to prepare and putting the video on Trevor, now go and get your coat :d

• Like 2

Looks like a good run out. I saw many of the TVRs going up Chatsworth Road when I went to Morrison's for bread and nappies.... 

Luke.

• Like 1

Lovely photo Bill, thank you for posting it and it was lovely to see you again, made me laugh when you and Glen both ordered a full English breakfast....and then said 'oh, yes, a large please' I turned to Kirsty and said 'look at them, they go mad for food on these doo's, you think they have never eaten' it was so funny. See you again soon, Glen says arrive hungry :d

It may be a while before we see Luke 🍼 👶

• Haha 1