Rear End Grip

chris sideways

So if i go for new shocks where do i get them from,how do i know which ones to order and how much should i be paying for some good ones,lots of questions i know :0

Thanks Guys.

cat motorsport are one of the best to buy from.  Website is here

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chris sideways

• Blatman

• adhawkins

• Mark Stanton

Top Posters In This Topic

. I think you'll find Mr Timberlake was *******' Dani Minogue   not Kylie.... Life sucks.......

This may be true....but he was grabbing a handful of Kylies first. Lucky git.... :arse:  :arse:  :arse: mmmm :arse:

So if i go for new shocks where do i get them from,how do i know which ones to order and how much should i be paying for some good ones,lots of questions i know

As Mark says give Cat Motorsport a call Click Here for Cat web page & click on Parts & Acccesories.

Tel Andy on: 01274 562474

Best of luck :t-up:

P.S. Can you imagine Kylie & Danni in a LOVE sandwich :0  :devil:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:  :D  :D  :D  :D

Chris

To answer your questions:

You can do all of the adjustments I suggested yourself. You have to make the changes and try it out.

As for shocks, a lot of people here use the Avos as you have seen. My road car still have the original Spax (but I don't use it on the track much) and the race car has Gaz shocks which I am very pleased with. These are available quite cheaply from Rally Design in Faversham. Springs are cheap there too.

You can also adjust the suspension as follows:

Setting the camber requires the car to be set level (use spacers under the wheels for this). Get a spirit level against the bottom of the wheel and measure the distance at the top. For 1deg you need 5.75mm (use a drill as a spacer). One turn of the top ball joint = 20', i.e. 3 turns to 1 degree

You can use a similar technique on the rear. Likewise 1 full turn of the rod end gives 20' of camber (and toe) change.

The other thing to check is front and rear toe in wich you can do woth some string wrapped around the car or with a builders 3metre straight edge. I run my race car with approx 1/2 deg toe in at the rear and parallel at the front.

Let me know if you need more info

Thanks for that info Fast Westy that sounds promising as Faversham is just down the road for me :)

I may have to bother you again for some more technical info if thats ok if and when i get the new stuff  ;)

Thanks.

Chris.