2019 Trackday chat

Andrew

Anglesey, Blyton, Cadwell, Croft, Knockhill, and Oulton are all on my 2019 radar. 

Will be looking nearer the time to fit around family, work and spare cash. 

10 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Anglesey, Blyton, Cadwell, Croft, Knockhill, and Oulton are all on my 2019 radar. 

Snap! :yes: 

There are a couple of early Croft dates with Javelin. 1st and 11th March, might be worth a late weather watching book? Otherwise the best Croft day this year will probably with Lotus on track, Fri July 12th. 

34 minutes ago, RussH said:

Garage is an extra £30.

You fancy a group booking? perhaps we can get a bit o' discount. :)

I am in chaps as soon as I get a few running in miles on the rebuilt engine and a rolling road setup :yes:

• Like 3

I got a £50 MSVT voucher towards my first track day from Santa, I aim to have the car back on the road by end of March so looking to do Donny or Bedford April time if we have some good weather :black-westy:

• Like 1

I'm up for some track days as she should be finished in a couple of weeks... I suspect Donnington will be a no go but I may forgo some power and use a DB killer/modified end pipe so I can still play (subject to the ITB noise)..

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 22:12, Paul T (tr3m5) said:

I got a £50 MSVT voucher towards my first track day from Santa, I aim to have the car back on the road by end of March so looking to do Donny or Bedford April time if we have some good weather :black-westy:

you will need a super quiet exhaust for Bedford... I was binned on the first three laps on my VX220 and its not even close to the noise of my Westie...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rob the Red Top said:

you will need a super quiet exhaust for Bedford... I was binned on the first three laps on my VX220 and its not even close to the noise of my Westie...

When was that Rob? They seem to have adapted their policy in recent times.

12 minutes ago, BCF said:

When was that Rob? They seem to have adapted their policy in recent times.

Oh have they... it was 2017

2 hours ago, Rob the Red Top said:

I suspect Donnington will be a no go but I may forgo some power and use a DB killer/modified end pipe so I can still play (subject to the ITB noise)..

For what it's worth.. at the two days I did at Donny last year (98db drive by), I never saw anyone get chucked off for noise. I did however see a few noisy cars brought in and advised where on the track the odd short shift may help with their noise problems. ;)  There was a very loud Caterham at one of the days, I swear the can sounded empty! :oops:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Andrew said:

For what it's worth.. at the two days I did at Donny last year (98db drive by), I never saw anyone get chucked off for noise. I did however see a few noisy cars brought in and advised where on the track the odd short shift may help with their noise problems. ;)  There was a very loud Caterham at one of the days, I swear the can sounded empty! :oops:

That's pretty much the story at Bedford now. You get shown a noise board, come in, chat to the marshals and they'll tell you where you pinged the noisemerer so you can back off at that point. Given the length of the track, it doesn't detract from the experience at all! You'd only have a problem if you ignored the noise boards I think. 

• Like 2

Just tracking the noise issues and a bit worried as I have a standard Westfield can on my 1.8 Zetec ITB and fear it won’t meet the limits of these tracks. Don’t want to book and then find I’m not allowed on track?

Castle Coombe is my local (20 mins) track.

Any suggestions? 

1 hour ago, Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO said:

Just tracking the noise issues and a bit worried as I have a standard Westfield can on my 1.8 Zetec ITB and fear it won’t meet the limits of these tracks. Don’t want to book and then find I’m not allowed on track?

Castle Coombe is my local (20 mins) track.

Any suggestions? 

I've not driven Castle Combe, but their noise limit may be tighter than the average 105db day? .. although they state it's done at 4500rpm which is lower than I've been asked for at some other tracks. 

From their website:

Noise limit: STRICT100db(A), which is measured at ½ metre from the exhaust outlet at 4500rpm

***Please Note: We do not recommend the use of sound monitoring apps or third party decibel meters as they do not give a true reading and cars will still need to be noise tested***

If you're only 20mins away, why not pop along when there's a trackday on, and get you car tested?