Donnington park unsilenced 3oth october

BenD

me and andy are about to book donnington unsilenced day tommorow if anyone else fancys it. weather forcast looks dry but obviously chilly

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ben (bunje) said:

me and andy are about to book donnington unsilenced day tommorow if anyone else fancys it. weather forcast looks dry but obviously chilly

Hope you get a good one Ben and Andy. Weather is looking a bit grey but dry. Pretty sure there'll be fewer cars at this one than your last day. ;)  Don't forget to turn on your camera, and a few paddock pics would be nice. :t-up:

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Hope you get a good one Ben and Andy. Weather is looking a bit grey but dry. Pretty sure there'll be fewer cars at this one than your last day. ;)  Don't forget to turn on your camera, and a few paddock pics would be nice. :t-up:

still time to book on :yes:

• Like 1

Well it's going great so far damp to start and chilly but with only around 20 cars booked on plenty of space to explore 

Dry line appearing soon time for the slicks

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

Well it's going great so far damp to start and chilly but with only around 20 cars booked on plenty of space to explore 

Dry line appearing soon time for the slicks

Enjoy it Ben :yes: .. feeling slightly jealous now. :laugh:

3 hours ago, RussH said:

I bet it’s absolutely freezing!

But dry because you are not there :laugh:

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Weirdly it was warmer in the car than out. I thoroughly enjoyed the day. I've blasted through about 65 litres of fuel. Sometimes I was on my own on track other times had great fun trying to keep up with @Andy (Sycho)  the track dryed out around 12 o'clock in most places. I just didn't feel it was dry enough in the others for slicks. Even with r888rs not many things came past me. There were some cracking cars there ferrari race car a few tvrs possibly the loudest lambo on the planet and a few ginneta race cars. Definitely one of the best circuits I've driven for flowing speed. And well worth the extra money for a quiet day from msv. Much better than my experience at cadwell a few weeks ago. I have a few videos to sort through as I reckon I probably did 70 laps. The car performed faultlessly 

• Like 4

I also had a great morning, a bit slick first thing but really enjoyed learning the circuit on a drying track. Afternoon not so great but should have some good footage.

18 minutes ago, KugaWestie said:

Not another mashed up clutch @Andy (Sycho)?

I wish! First time out since Blyton & by the sound of it, it won’t be out for a while:cry:

Sounds like a pretty good day. :yes:

Donington is a fantastic circuit. The part from Redgate down the Craners and all the way back round to the straight just flows so well. 

Looking forward to a vid or two. :)

10 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Sounds like a pretty good day. :yes:

Donington is a fantastic circuit. The part from Redgate down the Craners and all the way back round to the straight just flows so well. 

Looking forward to a vid or two. :)

Yes definitely such a good flow to it. Once dry and I could push on I found myself needing a gear change mid corner though. I managed 115 down the start finish line. I struggled in the morning to get the 1st corner right. And there's a few deceiving braking points and apexes. But a fantastic circuit made better by the fact that it was empty a lot of the time. And not having to worry about noise was also a plus

• Like 1