Switzerland tour 2019

Gary Taylor

On 23/05/2019 at 19:24, neptune said:

@Jude - The Mad Widow @Ali and Gail

Are we meeting at newport pagnall services on the M1 ? Do you want to use M1/M25 or head cross country as far as possible ? 

It will take about 1 1/4 hours by motorway to thurrock services from newport pagnall

Sorry Just checking .

Not long now!!!! 

Day 2 was an easy 150 miles or should have been a water leak on the thermostat housing saw some lateral thinking to sort out and then we were ready for the off , not before an interesting chat with a gentleman who was heading off to Italy in his classic Morgan, “because one has to do these things” 😂 
Any way after chatting we said bon voyage and made our way to Harrogate where after finding a parking spot we headed off and strolled around the valley gardens which are still impressive even after so many years.
As we left Harrogate behind the rain started so we had a wet half hour to Rawdon and our abode for the night, soon to be joined by Jim and Laura

DBF3C659-F4C4-4F30-9928-A9198A360D26.jpeg

7B59E881-70AE-4DAD-989D-B0028FB5B41C.jpeg

D241B1E8-60D5-43CA-BFAC-F2B0B1A95FB7.jpeg

• Like 5

I am really enjoying your adventure!! 

20 minutes ago, Jude - The Mad Widow said:

I am really enjoying your adventure!! 

Not long and you’ll be with us

• Like 1

I can hardly wait!!! Just finished buffing up Binky! 

So exciting... Trina must be loving the countryside and having her man back. Perfect! 

I hope you all have a great trip and will be following this thread with interest! don't forget lots and lots of piccies :cool: :yes:

• Like 3

@Gary Taylor - Scotland AO weather looking a bit naff tomorrow morning in Yorkshire I will be on standby if you need anything :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@marcusb you are welcome to join me for a bit of breakfast. I will be at the McDonald’s at around 8.15am WF84PR

The others are meeting me at 9.00am.

Robin is popping over too.

• Like 5

Sorry I Won't be meeting you at Newport Pagnall tomorrow. Only just got back to Northampton and still got to pack . 

See you all at the Hotel in Folkstone tomorrow .

• Like 3

THIS

MUST

BE

WRITTEN 

UP

for the mag. 

Watching with equal amounts of interest and  jealousy. Bon Voyage folks :yes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, neptune said:

Sorry I Won't be meeting you at Newport Pagnall tomorrow. Only just got back to Northampton and still got to pack . 

See you all at the Hotel in Folkstone tomorrow .

No worries see you there

Hi Folks bad news for me i'm afraid. I've woken this morning to very blury vision in my right eye, so i won't make the start line today. 

It's unlikely I will make any of the trip but will get to hospital as early as poss next week and see what the consultant has to say.

I can't tell you how dissapointed I am, but my sight is too important to risk. I hope you have the most fantastic trip and will be reading your posts wishing I was with you.

Have fun and be safe. 

• Like 1

Really sorry to hear this Martin.

Dont know what to say.

It's raining at the moment. 

20190526_090029.jpg